Friday, February 6, 2009

sharing valentines and love...

Happy Friday to everyone...

How is everyone's day going? Ours...pretty well.

This morning we did a Valentine card exchange with some of the residents at the nursing home. I decided since our cards were homemade that they needed something pretty or different to carry them in. I didn't think in enough time to make something, but remembered a little heart shape picnic basket that I had my embroidery stuff in. So it became our delivery box. We didn't parade the halls like before(on our Costume parade day). We went through the front room and through the dining hall/room. We passed out our cards to everyone we saw and even left some for others that may have been napping or not feeling well. I asked one of the ladies at the desk if they would like to keep them to pass out to others and she joyfully said yes. I was able to grab a few snap shots of the kids and some recipients. And then afterwards of them playing in the front grassy area of the home. And as you'll see, Rebbecca was there to give Hunt some love and attention. They really are super friends.









Tomorrow we have Hunt's birthday part. Today I picked up some balloons and forks and spoons. I decided not to go all out this year with table decorations, balloons galore, wall decorations, crazy handmade goody bags and etc. I guess mainly because Hunt wanted a semi truck theme party. Semi truck party supplies aren't easy to find and since our cake will be the semi truck(Optimus Prime)from Transformers, I couldn't get into it as much. So I opted to buy Transformer goodie bags and party loot. Oh well, it will be just fine...right...then why do I feel I still need to do more? Could it be because I always have in the past??? From Jojo's circus goodie boxes(circus theme) to mini straw hats with goodies inside(John Deere tractors theme) to paint cans made to look like oil cans(Cars movie theme). In a way it's kind of nice and in a way I miss not "having" to do them. There's always next year right???...

I still need to upload the photos of all the crafts and homemade gifts that Hunt and I made for this past Christmas. I'll get to it soon. Since there was several different ones and many photos I'll just do it in slide show form. Maybe coming up this next week sometime.

Daddy will be going out of town Sunday to look at a deer lease. I think he wants Hunt and I to go, but I'm not sure I want to. A friend will be going with him and I believe he'll be meeting his father and brother there to. So I might just skip it. Hunt and I got an invitation to join my good friend Steph and her family at the movies Sunday to see Coraline. We'll see how everything goes.

Well I hope everyone's weekend is wonderful and for those of you coming to the party tomorrow...see you there!...

No comments: