Friday, February 20, 2009

happy friday...



Well we made it to Friday didn't we.

We've not been doing much this week. Hanging around the hacienda, just taking it easy. Watching a few movies, playing a few games and working in our workbooks. Practicing our name and letter writing and baking cupcakes.


Hunt and I watched Charlotte's Web yesterday evening. Oh man...I cry every time it comes to the part when Charlotte tells Wilbur..."I'm languishing". She tells Wilbur something to the fact of... we're born, we live and then we die. And shortly after she passes and they leave her in the stall at the fair grounds and go back to the farm. ohhh! Tears were rolling down my face and Hunt was wiping them for me with a funny look as if to say..."what's your problem"? Poor Hunt, too young to understand about death yet. If you know me you know I can't stand spiders! Hate them as a matter of fact! But, poor sweet Charlotte!!!

Today we enjoyed Granny's tacos for lunch...ummm ummm good! I made the tacos, which by the way ARE the BEST in the WORLD! And daddy made us fresh homemade Granny's guacamole(which is also the BEST)! You just don't understand unless you've had them. The tacos are not at all healthy as you know tacos aren't, but these I believe go way beyond that. Fried up and delicious! But hey...it's not like we have them every day or even every week...(maybe twice a month). They take a little time to prepare, but well worth it. Next time I'll take photos to show you their goodness. I thought about it today, but only after our tummies were full and they had all been eat up.

We did make our way outside for a bit. We needed to get the stink blown off of us and let the sunshine hit our faces. Breath the fresh(or at least I hope kind of fresh) air. We played on the swing, blew bubbles and drew with sidewalk chalk. Hunt and I traced each other making chalk people. Hahaha look at mama's...

Hunt-drawn by mama

Mama-drawn by Hunt


We went down a few houses and visited with a neighbor. He lost one of his black scottie dogs a week ago. Johnny Ringo go hit by a car in front of their house. So very sad. The couple has no children except for their doggies, so I know they are taking it really hard. I remember having to put our blue heeler Blueberry to sleep just before Hunt was born. In fact less than a week before he was delivered. She was up there in age and was having medical problems. I was terribly upset. My sorrow may have been a factor in Hunt being delivered a month early. Hunt was due on March 3rd and was born on February 3rd. Talking with him brought tears to my, and his eyes. Such heart break. It's difficult to lose a little friend/pet. I hope that their sadness eases and time helps them recover. We'll miss you little Ringo. May your soul rest in peace above this earth.

Not much is planned this weekend, but sometimes that's a nice thing right?

See you next week...

No comments: