Monday, February 16, 2009

good monday...

A new week starts and I'm already yearning for the weekend. The weekend where hubs is here with Hunt and I and our family is together for 2 days. Since hubs works 2nd shift, it's hard to spend quality time together during the week. So we go on, as we have for years now with this schedule. But oh how I look forward to the weekend.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentines day and weekend. I know I/we did. I got some lovely cards from Hunt and Hubs. Hubs read his card to me. It was so sweet I almost cried just hearing those words and thoughts. Then to make it even more difficult, watching hubs read it with his eyes welling up with tears pulled at my heart so very much. So much thought and kindness from my sweet heart! In addition to these beautiful cards I received to bouquets of roses. One from Hunt and one from Hubs. Hubs and Hunt were Saturday morning and picked them out. How special of him to take Hunt and let him pick something out nice for him sweetheart(mama)on this day of love. Hunt picked out a vase with 2 light pink roses, some babies breath and a little teddy bear attached to the side. He insisted on the bear hubs told me. On the little brown bear. How cute to know that he knew in his heart, when he saw it, that that was what he wanted to purchase. Hubs picked out a beautiful bouquet of yellow/orange/red-ish roses. Simply a wonderful color! I loved them so much. I put them in a hob-knob/milk glass type white vase. It made the colors seem even more vivid against that white. Thanks so much to these two men in my life for making the day even more special and beautiful with the thoughtful roses. Here are some photos...



Also mid-morning we stopped by grandma and papa's house so that Hunt could deliver grandma's Valentine goodies. Hunt made her a card similar to the owl cards that he made for his friends. Included with the card was a clear bag tied up with a bow that had several of the peppermint heart I made in it. And a single red rose with chocolate kisses to. We went and enjoyed pizza(Hunt's favorite)for lunch with the grandparents to.

With time left to spare before meeting Kel and Ken we headed over to Barnes and Noble book store. I really was hoping to get a couple of books on my book list. But can you believe it...they did not have a single one of the about 7 I wanted there!!! I was upset. I mean really not a single one!!! I guess I'll be searching Amazon or an online bookstore for them. I did but the book The Memory Keepers Daughter. We'll see how it turns out.

We meet Kel and Ken for dinner and gave their cards to them. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !!!!! They gave us Valentine cards as well and gifts. Those two...my goodness to much kindness! Hunt got the movie Madagascar 2 and I got a little silk pj set. Such sweetness! Thanks again for the gifts guys!
For Dinner we had Oscar's...always good!

Yesterday hubs grilled dinner outside. We had burgers and dogs and veggies. Very yummy! And so today we had left-overs. Still just as good.

That's about all the excitement from this past weekend...

No comments: