Wednesday, February 4, 2009

my little entertainer...

I can't give justice to today without you being there to see it, but I'll try...

Today was story time at the library so we moved around, got dressed and headed out the door. Once a month story time is done partly in Spanish, today was the Spanish day. It's kinda neat to hear stories in both English and Spanish and for the kids to learn new words and songs. There was a pretty full house today in the room and we were seated up towards the front on the right side. Now, as most of you know, Hunt is such a little ham. He enjoys dancing and talking to people and singing and isn't very shy at all. Well, today they played a song which had a tune and music that reminded me of the chiquita banana song. With a spanishy beat. All the kids got to get bell instruments from the basket and stand and dance to the rhythm. Oh dear... here's where I wish I had a video camera to show you how totally hilarious Hunt was today showing off. The music started and Hunt was up on his feet dancing around and just shaking his instrument. One of the ladies that works there at the library story time at the pulled him up front(wrong thing to do). He started just a dancing and jumping around. Then if that wasn't enough he started doing his Elvis hip shaking routine. Gyrating his little body around like a wiggle worm standing on end. Then he decided that he needed to spread his legs apart and shake the instrument between his legs with his rear end up in the air...Oh Dear Lord! I was laughing so hard I was crying. I looked around the room at all the moms with their eyes on him laughing along to. One mom sitting beside me commented on how funny he was and how he must be a hoot at home. I tried to talk, but couldn't due to the laughing and tears and just replied that there is never a dull moment. THEN.....
If all of this still wasn't enough... I turned in time to see him playing air guitar with the bells still in his hands. AND THEN... heard him yell "Party like a rock star" and gave everyone in the room the rock star hand sign(holding the hand up with all finger down except the pointer and pinky finger). By this time I was laughing so hard and was about to wet my pants and he was just up there with this larger than life smile on his little face. It was difficult to try to compose myself after all this. He knew he made me laugh(not sure if he knew everyone else was watching and laughing to) and seemed to enjoy it. Lucky the music was loud enough to drown out all my laughing. Oh what a time. Too Funny!!! As we were leaving the room after story time another mother stopped me and stated...I expect to see him on -So you think you can dance- someday. Yep that's my kiddo, my funny little boy. Making mama laugh so hard it hurt and bringing joy to everyone.
Hunt dances and sings all the time at home, but to see him up there in front of so many doing it was too much.

That's my babe...the entertainer!!!!...

No comments: