Friday, March 21, 2008

my little nature boy...

Gosh it's such a beautiful day here in Texas today! The sun is smiling down on the earth and the birds are singing a melody. It makes me wish I were out hiking again. Filling my lungs with fresh air and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face.
But alas I'm here indoors. Hunt is still taking a nap and I'm plugging away at this blog. We'll have to at least go outside for a little while this afternoon. Hunt can run some stink out of him and I can watch and enjoy him while he does it. Kids grow up so fast. It's times like this where I love to just sit and watch him. Trying to remember every detail of his expressions or trying to catch his every laugh to keep it stored away in my small memory as long as possible. It makes me want to tear up just typing this. What REALLY gets me is looking through old pictures of Hunt. I can't go through one or two and I start crying. My baby(although only 3) is changing all the time. Is it mean to kind of enjoy him being a little sick sometimes? That seems to be the only times left that I can still cuddle and hold him. Sometimes when he's getting tired he'll let me, but that's few and far between. I always appreciated it when he was small and I could rock him as I sung him songs every night. Now it's stories and some songs...which I also enjoy.
Ok enough with the sadness. But one more question...and maybe it's just hubs that's like this...why is it that men just don't seem to understand why women/moms get sad and emotional when they think about their babies growing up? Hubs is always telling me...it's good that he's growing and doing so well. And I'm like...but he's growing too fast! Well maybe it's just ME, but in my eyes I feel that Hunt is more mine than his. I guess it's do to the fact that I carried him in my body for 8 months(I know 9 is the norm, but Hunt came at 8) and that I gave birth and brought him into the world.
I know...geez...enough, enough!!!!



Ask My 3 Year Old...
Where does the Easter Bunny live?
Hunt:At the party with the Easter eggs.




Here are a few snap shots of our trip to the Ft.Worth Nature Center & Refuge from last Saturday...

Hiking at the Nature Center & Refuge... It was a perfect day for the hike. Hunt and I went with my BF Steph and her son. Just us two moms with our little men. We printed out some clues to a few letter boxes that were SUPPOSE to be hidden throughout the refuge, but we didn't find any boxes. It could be that the three that we searched for were hidden in 2005 or 2006.
Hunt sitting on some rock steps. Hunt giving me a bear hug(choke hold). And Steph with the boys on a wooden bridge.



We both love hiking and the outdoors. And to teach and experience these things with our boys is always a blessing! Thanks for being such a good friend Steph. Hunt and I love doing things with you and J.



I hear someone in the other room stirring(finally up from nap), so I better see what he's doing before he gets into some mischief. Later we'll be dyeing Easter eggs...SHIT!... which by the way have been boiling in the kitchen for a while. I better go check on them to before I burn the house down...

No comments: