Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a little song and dance...

Today we had our first(trial run) Mommy and Me Music class. The first session was free so I thought what the hay, might as well since no money was involved. Why not start the day with a pounding headache caused by children yelling and banging on instruments to add to the cramps and bloating! The music was a nice mix of B52s and nursery rhymes and the musical tools included maracas and tambourines. I was sure to have a good story to share with you about some kid or kids in the class misbehaving or something. Well it wasn't "some" kid, it was MY kid. He really wasn't horrible, just active. Oh and destructive! Not just my sweat angel, but his cute little 10 month old cousin as well. They both seemed to do a small bit of destroying the music teacher's property. I mentioned to my sis-in-law that these Harv boys were going to get kicked out of their 1st music class. And to be honest it wasn't as bad as you may think and wasn't even their fault. Everyone was dancing and waving around these plastic sticks with streamers. What a bright idea that was...to assume children, sticks and streamers would last through a whole song not to mention two. They weren't the best made gadgets either. But all our rug rats looked liked they had fun acting like little gymnast/dancers waving streamers, laughing and smiling. It was cute and comical at the same time. Had hubs been there he might have found it a little too "gay" to enjoy. Then again maybe he would have joined in...in a cold day in hell! God could you just see it...big ole hubs dancing around the room doing pirouettes, waving a sparkling streamer wand...add a tutu and you have yourself a combination comedy show and drag performance all in one...i'm almost laughing just typing this. I know hubs likes to dance, but i doubt he could fit into a pair of pink toe shoes and he just doesn't have enough hair for a bun. Maybe he could find a pair of those sleek male tights to slide over his hairy legs...nay...too much meat to be on display to everyone. Like over stuffing a sausage...and no I don't mean just the "ummmm hummm" area, I'm insinuating the entire bottom half of his bod. Baryshnikov has nothing to worry about. You know I love you hubs! Over-stuffing and all!! Honestly in my eyes hubs isn't that bad at all. Heck I'm about to catch up with you. I do WAY too much stuffing myself. Be concerned when I have to rummage through your cloths to find something to fit over my ham-hocks. Please if anyone notices me getting larger than my hubby just put me out of my misery! Shoot me or push me off a cliff(providing you can push two ton Bessy)!


next week...Pee Wee Picasso Art class...oh what messy fun...(gulp)! I think I'll be bringing him to class in nothing but a pull up to keep the clean up easy...you think I'll get any strange looks?

No comments: