Wednesday, March 12, 2008

hooters and huevos...

Good day to you all.
OK. So you guys know that I'm all for being the best mom and taking care of your kiddos. I don't have a issue with breast feeding in public as long as it's not in my face. At the very least TRY to conceal what you are doing and not be so obvious. I know everyone out there can tell what's going on when you see a blanket over a woman's front and can make out a small young'un squirming about underneath. Well a few weeks ago at story time I caught a glimpse of a mother breast feeding one of her two children. Not a big deal right???? Wrong!! First of all she could have at least gone to the back of the room. Second, cover up! I mean I didn't see flesh, but there was no blanket or anything, just her shirt. Third, your in the front area of a pretty full room of both children and parents and among them sat a daddy. I felt uncomfortable, so I'm sure he may have been to. I know it's the right of every mother to nurse her babies when and where she and they wish. Maybe I'm just a little self-conscious about it. I know if it were me, I'd be at the back of the room if not out of the room. And I would definitely have a hooter cover or blanket or something. The reason I'm just writing about it today was because today, in story time again I saw another mother suckling her young. At least she had the decency to pull out a blanket and sit toward the back of the room...and no daddies within viewing. Breast feeding is a beautiful and natural thing....just have respect ladies that's all I'm saying!

Tomorrow we're meeting my sis-in-law and baby nephew to get Easter Bunny pics done. Hunt always does well and always has. I'm told I'm lucky. This past Christmas time when I took Hunt to see Santa he greeted him with a smile and told the jolly man hi. One of Santa's elf workers said that they were happy to have a kid like him and not a screaming crying one like most the others. Oh my little angel!!! See it's times like that that make me so proud. And thankful that I have not killed him yet! Then again he's still only 3. I have so many other opportunities to be stinking mad at him in the future I'm sure of it.

Oh yes and how competitive am I....this Friday we're having our KECPTA(mommy group) Easter party for the kids. And of course there will be an Easter egg hunt...it's gotten so bad that I have been drilling Hunt this week on how to get the most eggs. I've been coaching him on Easter egg hunting 101. We've been over how to find the egg, put the egg in our basket and run to another. I told him he has to be fast and see how many he can get. I can just see him now...they yell GO, Hunt lolly-gags around then sloooooowly walks to find an egg. He picks it up, inspects it and will then try to open it or eat it...all the while I'm over by the side-lines giving him play moves..."Honey put it in your basket, in your basket...hurry go find another, hurry...no don't eat it...Hunt, no don't eat it..." Then when he FINALLY listens to me all the eggs have been found and the only others he'll end up with will be the ones that have fallen out of other kids baskets or the ones that got stepped on. I know your thinking that egg hunting should be fun, and your right it should, but it's when you are young that you learn some of the most important lessons of life...like...things don't always get handed to you, sometimes you have to go out and search for them on your own...the world(egg) is yours for the taking(and it doesn't hurt if there is a reward involved even if it's only something sweet and sugary)...

No comments: