Friday, September 18, 2009

~September 18, 2009~



Well, I made it...less than a month now to go! I'm not sure why I was so frightened on the 17th. Maybe it was due to the fact that Bubba came a month early and on the
17th it was exactly a month until my due date. Silly me, i know all pregnancies are different! Still I was leery!!!

Our first Keller Early Childhood PTA meeting was good. The speaker, Maria Smith, was great and gave us some good tips on multi-sensory learning. I bought one of her dvds and cds. Now I regret it...hahaha! Only because I can't get some of the songs out of my head! "Vowel Village, Vowel Village, Vowel, Vowel, Vowel, Vowel, Vowel Village....A, E, I, O and UUUUUUUUUUUU!" Hunt loves it though, which is the reason I purchased them. I knew he would enjoy them. Honestly I do lots of multi-sensory type teaching with Hunt. It involves using your 5 senses! I've made felt counting bugs and Hunt puts them in a jar while learning how to add. Also felt veggies in a grocery sack that will be added to a feeding bowel for our imaginary pet turtle. Hunt has to add a certain number of veggies to others as he puts them in the bowl. Just a couple of math ones I've made. Yes it does take time to make them, but it makes the learning more fun! I'll post a photo of these two examples in the next post so you can see what I'm talking about. I got the idea partly from a number/adding work book I bought.

Tomorrow Hunt and daddy are taking their out of town trip. They were suppose to be going to the deer lease, but with all the rain...those plans were scrapped! So now they are just taking a little road trip. Maybe to Fort Hood. They both will like that. Their staying overnight at a hotel and driving back Sunday. I'll be here at home doing some much needed cleaning and stuff...baby readying!

Wish me luck tomorrow that I don't go into labor! Especially since hubs will be out of town!

No comments: