Tuesday, September 15, 2009

one month to go!...

~September 16, 2009~

Well with a month to go I'm counting down the days! I'm just hoping she holds out a little longer. Bubba came a month early, so I'm a little nervous!
Check out my shirt! I forgot I had it. It says Lovin My Buddha Belly! SO appropriate!





::GREEN MAMA::
So many of you will think I'm crazy for this one! I ordered cloth diapers to use on Miss E! Yes I know what you are thinking...YUCK, WHAT A MESS, WHY???!!!!
Well partly because I will be here at home with her, so the clean ups won't be that bad. And it will save us lots of money to. I ordered 24 from Nubunz and they come with 48 inserts. These diapers will fit from newborn to full size(which is another reason I liked them). I will not need to purchase different sizes.
Here's what they look like. I ordered half in plain white and the rest are colored...

I also made 2 just to see how they would turn out...

I have 3 more I've cut out and need to sew up. The instructions were easy to follow.

About a month ago I made this little base. It's just a little smaller than a bank bag. I used linen and muslin fabric and one of my mother's vintage zippers. So a little bit of her is in this project. Inside it I keep hand sanitizer, calendula,band-aids,neosporin, lip balm,a few handy wipes, a sun screen stick, and a bug bite stick. Just some necessities to take along with us on trips or to the lake house or where ever. I embroidered a bee on it because it needed something cute!


This weekend hubs and Hunt were going to make a trip to the deer lease, but with all the rain, that trip won't happen until the following weekend. Which, ruined my plans! I was planning on doing some much needed cleaning and stuff for the baby's room. It's SO much easier when I don't have a 4 year old under my feet(and a husband)! I'll still need hubs to move and put together furniture and help paint, but the arranging and cleaning I can do better alone. So instead my two guys are going on a small road trip. Maybe out toward the Hill Country. And I have to say that I'm jealous! I want to go to the Hill Country to!!! Darn the Luck! Oh well, I have so much to do though. I hope they have a nice time just the 2 of them!

Tomorrow is the first Keller Early Childhood PTA meeting of the school year. It will be nice to see most of the moms again and new faces to.

No comments: