Friday, January 30, 2009

yay, I can upload photos to the computer again...

Good evening...

Good news, I was finally able to upload photos to my computer again. YAY!!! I'm still not sure what happened, but it seems to be working now. So, here are photos(in slide show form) from the Stock Show tour we did with the KECPTA group last Thursday.



So 1 big ol day until Hunt's 4th(and my) birthday! Oh my goodness! I'm making a cake for Hunt tomorrow for us to have at home and I think I'll let him open his gifts from us to. He's been going crazy over this truck and horse trailer he's getting. This child is SO persistent on what he wants! The weekend before last when we where at the Stock Show he saw this truck and trailer set and loved it! We didn't buy it. So when Thursday came around and we did the Stock Show tour I thought I'll just try to be sneaky and get it then along with a John Deere set. We'll, I was able buy and sneak the John Deer set in my bag(it wasn't too large). And after going back to the booth that had the truck and trailer set and looking it over I knew I wasn't going to be able to sneak it, so I just held off on buying it AGAIN. Of course I had to drag Hunt crying away from the booth after he found out I wasn't getting it for him...he really was not very happy about that! Anyway...after talking with Hubs about it we decide that we can go back to the Stock Show(trip #3 mind you) and just buy it, whether he sees it or not. So much for surprises! So we went back, and purchased it and Hunt was SO excited! But still bugging us to play with it. Daddy told him he had to wait until his Birthday.
So the lesson learned...just buy it at least by the second trip and get it over with...surprise or not. Too bad it wasn't just in a store and not at a booth at the Stock Show! Darn kids!!!!!
So that was what we did Saturday and then meet friends for dinner. Sunday, since it was the first Monday of the month(and Canton was out of the question),I came up with the bright idea to go the the Weatherford flea market. It would give us something to do and would only cost gas. So we headed out Weatherford direction and arrived at the flea market. It was pretty sad and not too many people there so we decided to just keep driving. we then stopped at the farmers market. Not too much there either(season not good). I did buy some tomatoes, onions, squash and new potatoes. From there we drove a little ways to Gibson. Gibson's is a store that has a little of everything. We always go to the one in the Hill Country when we travel there, but I didn't know the one in Weatherford was still open. Anyway we bought a few odds and ends and left. Driving down the road a bit we came to TSC(Tractor Supply Company). This is only one of Hunt's favorite stores, so upon seeing it and hearing Hunt yell from the back seat "YES, YES, Go There...Go There!" We had to pull in. They had some killer sales on John Deere tractors and sets that we couldn't pass up. So more gifts for Hunt were bought there(and snuck out by daddy to the Tahoe).
Oh and I did it! I went ahead and got some seeds and soil and pots. So it looks like Hunt and I will be trying our hand(or green thumb)at a little bit of gardening. The seeds we picked were carrot, onion(yellow and green), tomatoes, cucumber and radish. We'll start them in a jiffy pot and plant them later on. Now we'll just need to pick a little spot in the yard to plant them(providing they make it). And then there's the issue of Zoe. Will she dig them up? Poop or pee on them? Eat them? Only Lord knows! We may need to fence it off. I'll let you know how it's coming along as we progress through it. And of course there will be photos!

What else...we've been getting back to more and more learning time. I snapped a few photos below of Hunt doing some activity books. He really enjoys them, just hates to sit down and learn to write his name over and over. We've started to get more into that. He has some letters in his name down good, but needs help on others. I'm going to try to snag a shot of him writing his name.






Oh and here's what happens when you leave a 3/4 year old to potty for a while by himself in the bathroom without checking on him until he's finished...

You get your dental floss unwound and ready for use...in a pile on the floor...followed by the words "I'm sorry mama, it was an accident"! Accident I think not! Oh well it could have been worse.

Also, remember a recent post where I bragged about Hunt being able to dress himself and so on? Well I can eat my words. Those darned feety pajamas...tough to figure out I guess. But funny to turn around and see him trying to get up and stand with them twisted so bad. Let's try that again shall we?...




I'll leave you here...it's been a kinda long post any how huh?
talk to you later...

No comments: