Tuesday, January 27, 2009

when did it happen...

When did my little baby turn into a "boy"?

Man it seems these days he's so Big!
-big for learning to put on his own clothes
-big for taking a bath most of the time alone
-big for getting his own juice box and holder
-big for getting his own cereal out of the cabinet
and
-big for wanting to use one of the following words in every sentence...poo poo, bobo, hiney, poop, toot, pee pee, tee tee...etc!

Why is it that ALL boys, and men for that fact, find it SOOO amusing to use these words? I mean give hubs an opportunity to hear a fart noise in a movie or see a poop scene and he goes crazy with laughter. Dear Lord help me!
So now my "little man" seems to enjoy this male silliness. Is it a male bonding experience for son and father to sit and giggle at such things? Like two little school girls talking about a crush they have. Giggle...smile...giggle...whisper...tee hee hee!
He's even to the point of tooting on you and laughing and has even gone as far as deliberately running to you or sitting on you JUST to toot on you. And being only 4(well almost), I can only look to the future and cringe.

On a much much brighter note, I have more photos to share. Want to see them? Thought so. The first set is of Hunt and I hanging up a window view bird house and small feeder. Hunt received this bird house from Santa. It's made of all wood except the back side of it. The back side is made from a plexiglass/clear plastic material and has suction cups. You suction it to a window and because of the clear material at the back, you can see inside it from the inside of a house window. We put it on Hunt's bedroom window in hopes that by spring we will have a little bird family to spy on. We hung the small feeder on the crepe myrtle tree outside the window...to entice birdies to come around there. We'll see how it works. We've purchased a few bird books that stay in a nature book basket under our nature table. We may just need to scan through them to identify our little bird neighbors.






Oh and I don't think I've posted photos of our nature table yet either, so here are some of those. I lifted this idea from a blog I love to read. I set up this old sewing table in the family room and we've been adding to it ever since. You can find, shells, feathers, a walnut shell, rocks, sticks, pine cones, acorns, leaves, sponge and daddy even contributed with a turkey feather and a set of deer antlers. Way to go Dad! We also pained a few pictures to set on the table as well. And I had to add a little log house I had. The table is such a good thing to have. When love to be outside and sometimes we like to bring a little nature in with us. I'm sure it will be an ever changing set up due to season changes and such, but it serves as a reminder of all the beauty nature brings us. A constant work in progress.
Under the nature table is a basket with nature books. Book about birds, bugs, the woods, rivers, spring and seasons, animals and plants. Hunt loves looking through these books all the time.






I can't wait until Spring! I know it's still a ways off, but oh how much I miss it. It's my favorite season, especially here in Texas. Summer probably would be my favorite if it weren't so hot here sometimes. I recently found a pick your own farm close enough to our home to go often...like every week or so. We went over a year ago to a strawberry farm and picked strawberries. YUMMY!!!!! I LOVED it! Hunt enjoyed it to. We went with friends Kel and Ken and stayed in the Hill Country that weekend. Oh how I dream of living out in the Hill Country! (But that's another post all itself...in fact I've written about a trip there in a back post- titled "Our Favorite Place". I know I'm rambling on now...
Anyway, this farm is about 25-30 minutes away and they have strawberries, blackberries, garlic, onion, lettuce, potatoes, tomatoes. Hubs was the one that mentioned it to me. He's driven by it a time or two and told me where it was. So now I'm just im-patiently waiting for the crops to kick in and produce. I guess it will be like the other pick your own farms and charge you by the weight of the produce you pick. To get to pick your own and have the produce fresh...what more could you ask for??? I guess for other veggies and fruit that I'll want I'll just have to make may way(like I always do) to the farmers markets. I'm even contemplating starting a very small garden here at home. Not sure how Zoe will do with it though. When I was a kid we had a garden or I guess I should say two gardens. One towards the back of the house and the other on the side lot. We grew peppers, onions,radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, beans, okra(tons and tons). All of these grew very well and we had more than enough for us and more than enough to share with neighbors and friends. We also tried out luck with potatoes, cantaloupe, and watermelon, but these didn't turn out so well.
Thought you guys might like to see some photos of the pick your own strawberries. Fun times!!! Also sent through some bluebonnet photos from that weekend as well. It was a fantastic year for them. Unfortunately last year was not, so no photos.















And yes more Christmas time photos to...I've decided to try to do a slide show of them. I tried this on yesterday's post with some Stock Show parade photos and it worked ok...as long as you logged into blogger and my blog, but if you get the blog updates automatically through your email for some reason it doesn't come through.


Thanks for reading!

No comments: