Wednesday, January 28, 2009

almost there...

Yippie!

I'm almost there...almost caught up on this here blog!

Thanks so much for staying with me.

I believe that I've posted all of the Christmas and Holiday time photos, so now back to where I need to be. I'm trying to do better this new year. Trying to keep this blog updated more often. It's really alot easier to do than going back and putting in photos and stuff that was from weeks ago.

Let's see...

Today we slipped on our long-johns/thermals and braved the cold to join our Keller Early Childhood PTA group to do a tour of the Stock Show. It's a free tour, the only money we had to dish out was to pay to park. Two high school members of FFA from around Texas lead the tour for each school/group. Ours today were from Glen Rose. The children really enjoyed going and seeing all the animals. We toured the barns, inside zoo area, the show arena and milking station. In the past they got to go through the petting zoo area outside the coliseum to pet the animals, but not today. Because of all the school tours the line was horrendous. So instead we paid $4.00 each and let them have a pony ride instead. They didn't seem to care too much. Although Hunt did ask about "petting the animals". I just told him that too many people were there waiting and we couldn't this time. He was ok with it. He was really in "hog heaven" when we went back inside the exhibition rooms and he got to sit on the tractors. The kid will either grow up to be a farmer or semi truck driver I just know it! But...what ever makes him happy! I did manage to sneak in buying him a John Deere truck/trailer and tractor set and 2 more John Deere books for his birthday coming up next week! Luckily he didn't notice I was at the register making a purchase. Climbing on the tractors kept him busy enough. Oh and now Hunt has a little "girl friend". Her names is Rebbecca. She's a little doll and is IN LOVE with my son. She was so excited to see him today and showered him in hugs and even kisses(oh my). It was sweet though. They held hands on and off and she made sure that she kept up with him through the entire tour. Oh sweet innocent love!!! It was so cute!
(***I can't get my stupid camera card to download to the computer, so I'll post pics as soon as I figure out what the (bleep) is wrong!***)

Rewinding a bit again...This past New Years wasn't too exciting. We didn't get to make it out to the Lakehouse like the past few years. We just stayed home. Daddy and Ken had to work. Kel came over and we worked on some terrariums. She left around 10pm or so. I decided to let Hunt stay up and ring in the new year with daddy and mama. And he did. He was a trooper. He was getting a bit tired and was ready for the bed shortly after 12. Daddy made it home around 11:30, so we were all together for the 12 o'clock chiming in. Here are a few of our first 2009 photos! Boy do we look tired!


Hunt shouting "HAPPY NEW YEAR"!


Hunt also had another "First". A few week ago we took him to play miniature golf. Hunt and I had a fun time, but daddy did not. His allergies were giving him hell! He spent most of the time sniffling and sneezing and wiping his nose. Hunt did pretty good for his first time. He needed help though. But all and all it was a nice family activity. Photos below on a slide show...



As I've said before Hunt is getting so good at dressing himself and even has buttoning down...almost! I snapped a few photos of him trying to button up his pjs.



I did it!

(high five)...Way to Go!

Hunt received some card and board games for Christmas this year. So, every Sunday night has been family game night here at the Harvey House. We've played Candy Land, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Chutes and Ladders, gold fish, old maid and slap jack. Hunt is better at some than others of course, but he's getting the hang of them. It's been alot of fun. Here's my guys, ready for Hunt's first family game night...(excuse the crummy card table)




Oh and I just finished the book Marley and Me. Oh how I wish I had never read it. It was SO sad. So if you are thinking of reading the book, DON'T...especially if you are a dog/animal person like I am. I cried and cried. I know there's a movie out now, but not sure I want to see it. Maybe it won't be so sad. If anyone has seen it, please let me know. I don't think I can handle it if it's pretty close to the book. It does have some hilarious parts that made me laugh, and it is a good book, but oh man...so very sad.


*** just a note...I've added some captions to my slide shows. Just put your mouse over the slide show bar and hit the quote cloud next to the yellow person.***

Have a Great Evening!...

No comments: