Friday, January 30, 2009

friday and all is well...well almost all...

Good Friday to all...

Nothing going on here today. Just hanging out at home and doing art and stuff.

As I said all is well except... I still am unable to down load photos to the computer!!! UGH!!! Hubs tried to research the problem, but was unable to figure it out to. He even went to the DELL sight and found no help. So who knows when I'll get photos in again. So much for staying up to date with pictures. Man just when I thought I was getting on a roll...go figure!


Today while I sit here and type and Hunt finishes his nap I am reminded that in just 4 short days my babe will be 4! 4 years old!!!! I can't believe it! It's been almost 4 years ago since he joined our little family. WOW how time flies!
We've booked a room at a place called Monkey Business in Bedford Texas. And got a semi truck/Optimus Prime cake on order for the big day. We really wanted to order the 3D semi truck cake, but didn't want to hand over almost $200.00 for the cake! Can you believe that $200.00 for a birthday cake? I mean it's really cute and all, and the cakes at the bakery where we always get them are fantastic, but not for $200.00. This year it will be a sheet cake type. I couldn't believe the price I was quoted when asked about that cake. We've always got Hunt's birthday cakes there and they have always been a 3D type, but never have they cost SO much. His first birthday was a circus tent cake, second birthday was a John Deere tractor cake and last year was the Lightening McQueen car cake. Maybe they went up on their prices.
Never the less, the cake will taste awesome as ever. Hubs wanted to be sure we had a big enough one to have left overs to take home. Yea...like we need this delicious white cake with this yummy butter cream icing hanging around here. It's not like we need to add any extra poundage. Maybe Hunt, but not hubs or myself.

I still need to pick up some birthday goodies for Hunt and party supplies to. Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend. And I wanted to bake Hunt a cake on Tuesday his birthday "day", since we're having his party next Saturday February 7th. I also need to pick up a gift for a friend's little boy who's having his birthday party that same day, later that afternoon.


Well, no big plan for this weekend. Just finishing birthday errands and the such.

Have a Nice Weekend...if I don't talk to you before it's over!...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy early b-day to Hunter!! Hope he has a fun week! Haven't seen you guys in forever! Hopefully, we'll see you guys at something soon!