Monday, January 5, 2009

part 2 of long blog...

I'm back again to share with you more of our day to day fun that was had through the holiday season.

Of course as you know(if you've read some of my previous posts)I L-O-V-E Canton! It's a huge flea market. Anyway my two best friends Kel and Steph joined me on November 30th for a wonderful day of shopping and hanging out. I brought home some Christmas goodies and shared many laughs. Thanks girls for being people that I enjoy hanging out with and love to shop with!

Hunt and I attended The Grapevine North Pole Express train ride early December with the early childhood group. We had a super time and saw the jolly red suit man during our train ride. Here are a few photos of that fun...

Entering a snowy path to the train.

Hunt and a playgroup friend ready for the train ride.

Hunt boards the train.

The North Pole ornament souvenir for the kids.

Hunt and mama aboard the train.

Hunt's face expression as Santa enters our train car.

Santa greeting Hunt.

A train ride in your pajamas...who could ask for more?

And boots to...

Hunt in front of the train.


Steph and I also made it through the Jingle Bell Run Race one evening in Fort Worth. This is one of the races that we try to do every year. It's held at night through the city streets of Fort Worth, Texas. This year we had nice weather(except for the smoke from a car fire), but last year I remember it being cold. Hubs watched Hunt so I didn't have to deal with a stroller this year. We made super time on this race and even did more jogging/running then usual.

This year I wanted to be sure to have Christmas decorations around the house, not just mainly in the living area. We decorated several rooms. Here are some areas of Christmas Around Our House...Cheer...

The wreath on our front door...welcoming family and friends for the holidays.

Here's the wreath in our kitchen window.

In Hunt's room window hangs a paper chain and his hand-print wreath.

Hunt working on his gingerbread house.

Putting the finishing touches on the house.

Hunt's finished gingerbread house.

The decorated window in Hunt's room.

Hunt holds Christmas trees we made for Grandma and us.

Hunt works on his tree

Almost complete...

Hunt's finished Christmas tree in his room.

The stocking we hung on Hunt's bed.

The view of our fireplace mantel and stockings.

Hunt also had a therapy appointment in December with his PT therapist. It went really well. He seems to still be doing great with just the inserts in his shoes. YAY!!! No more braces still!!! He will however need new inserts in February.

Also in December we attended a performance at Casa Manana with grandma and the KECPTA group. We saw the play Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. It was a good play and Hunt behaved perfectly! Afterward we had a nice lunch and then some play time at grandma's house.

Ok, I think I've bored you enough on this blog post so I'll end it here. Of course there will be more to come to catch you guys up real soon. A day or so I hope....

No comments: