Monday, November 17, 2008

just stuff...

Well hello again...glad you can join me.

Just sat down here for a moment and decided to do a little post. I've been so excited about the Christmas gifts I'm making. I found some really awesome ones. Not your regular ole handmade goodies(ok, well maybe a few), but ones that I can't imagine people NOT wanting to receive.
I had a nice lunch this past Saturday with some friends. I was minus one little tag along, Hunt. He went with daddy to the gun show and then running around. Anyway we enjoyed sushi and laughs. Afterwards Kell and I were headed for a full day of shopping. I had tons of things that I wanted and needed to get, but just decided to play it by ear and enjoy the day. Our first stop was Hobby Lobby(which is one of my favorite places currently). I purchased a lot of stuff that was on my list to get for some crafts I'm making...YEAH!!! After Hobby Lobby we were off to Target where I gathered more crafts/gift supplies. And then HOORAY...an antique store! I found a few necessities things I couldn't live without. Like these...

3 mini photo frames, 1950's "what is it" wooden lace toy, metal collapsible cup and a malt shaker

And I ordered a couple of things through EBAY(which was great because I wasn't sure where I was going to buy them locally). I wish I could show you all these things I'm working on, but a few of my gift recipients my be reading this...sorry girls!
I can show you a few things, which I will do so as I get a chance. I will post photos of them all eventually though. Maybe after the holidays, we'll see.

Can you guess what I've started this weekend(actually, re-started or started again)? Here's a hint...



Yes I've started knitting again. And here's how far I've gotten and how it's going so far...it's about a foot long and I've only got a few hours put into it...


This last photo shows the two "baby" hats I knitted the last time I got out my knitting stuff. They are both white and on the left side and right side on top of some yarn.

Not much I know, but I'm slowly puttering along. I know very, very little about knitting and can't seem to teach myself even with the books I have on the hobby. I've been using knitting looms. Maybe if I sat down without disruptions and read through some directions i might get the hang of it. Sometimes it takes me two or even three times reading something before I comprehend it. Not most of the time, but I admit there has been a couple of times I've had to do that on a project.

From time to time I may post a small list of current loves. Below is my first one...
Here are 10 things I'm loving right now...



1)this little man(ALWAYS LOVING!)


2)these good friends(not a great picture)



3)these cozy and warm house shoes

4)the homemade Christmas gifts that I'm working on

5)the super awesome blogs and craft sights that I have recently found(especially Soulemama...beautiful writing, just simply beautiful)


6)this little crazy girl



7) & 8)this mug with yummy tea and this old blue milk stool

9)this wonderful camera(I wish I new more about photography...I love taking photos)
10)cooler fall weather

I recently made this(looked better in the book) strawberry cool and easy pie. It is delicious! It contains strawberries, strawberry jello, cool whip and graham cracker crust...I say, how can you go wrong with those ingredients?



I know I said little post, but I just get carried away...

No comments: