Friday, November 21, 2008

dried squid...what?....

Hey there...

Did you know that a flounder is not born with both eyes on the same side of his head, it happens later? And that a dungenes(sp?) crab will lay on its back(pretending to be dead) waiting for a fish to swim between its legs and grab it, squeeze it and then eat it? These are just a couple of things we learned this past Tuesday at Central Market. We took a tour and learned some neat stuff. We also got to sample lots and lots of goodies. From fruits to bread, cheese, gelato(sp?), fresh peanut butter...etc. It was well worth the tour just to try these things. And in addition to a few groceries we came home with this...

Hunt was so excited! The whole time we did the tour he kept saying "I like that little shopping cart". Over and over again. And it is cute, so yes I had to buy it. He thought it was the cutest thing. Which he also said MANY times before and after we purchased it.
Here are a few other things we bought...

Dried squid...what, you don't eat dried squid? Look, before you turn your nose up you have to try it first. But...only if you love seafood because it's pretty fishy. And no, I didn't just see it and go..."oh look dried squid, I think I'll give it a try". I had this or something similar years and years ago. I have always wanted to try to find more, but have never seen any anywhere. And it tastes the same as I remember. To me it's like a fish jerky.

Sweetleaf tea...in original, peach lemon and pomegranate.


Fresh California rolls-sushi. That was my dinner that night. Aren't my plates cute?

That's about all that's been going on this week other than library story time on Wednesday and a potluck lunch for the Keller Early Childhood PTA group on Thursday. Today we're just at home relaxing a bit. I need to get some paint and other craft supplies, so we may head out to a store later. If not this weekend. How exciting huh?...hahaha
Sorry for any spelling errors or such, I'm not feeling like re-reading and correcting right now.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: