Friday, November 14, 2008

changing of seasons...

Is it a sign you need to take care of some hygene issues when your 3 year old son tells you(while running his hand across your leg one morning)"momma you're a hairy girl"?.... Ok I admit that with fall trying to stick it's head fully through the door and weather trying to get cooler that I ignore a little leg stubble. And why not?! It's long britches weather anyway. I try to run the razor across them once a week. It's just not top on my priority list, that's all.

Hunt and I had a fun day today. This morning we toured a fire station. Really cool especially when your say...three and a little boy. We learned a little about life as a fireman in the fire station. Like lounging, eating, sleeping etc... And of course the awesome firetrucks! The station we toured was fairly small so the vehicles they had included a large ladder truck, an ambulance and a brush truck. Neat none the less. We learned about most of the equipment that they use on and off the fire truck. I was kinda bummed that none of the kids got to sit in the fire truck. I mean isn't that the coolest part? Maybe times have changed and that little extra goody isn't allowed anymore. I wanted to ask, but was feeling a little shy about doing it. So I didn't.

Late afternoon Hunt and I went for a nature walk. We drove to a wonderful park in Keller and collect leaves, sticks(Hunt's favorite part), acorns and a pecan(I guess the little squirrels missed a few). I showed Hunt how leaves change color with the changing of the weather and seasons and then fall off the trees and die. How the trees, ground, grass and nature in general takes a little rest through winter and sleeps. Laying almost still until Spring comes around and with a stretch and a yawn things appear to come back to life. There's a book that Hunt and I got recently from the library called... In November by Cynthia Rylant. It's a beautiful book with sweet pictures and cute accounts of what happens during the autumn/fall season. I think I enjoy it more than Hunt.

Hubs is taking Hunt to a gun show tomorrow and some running around(boy stuff). So I'm meeting some girlfriends for lunch and shopping. Hopefully to collect some Christmas gifts to mark off my list. I plan on doing several homemade things this year. I try to do some every year, but this year I want to do more. I've got some fantastic ideas and can't wait to get them completed...I know...I'm such a dork!

I'll post some firestation photos soon along with some of our nature walk ones as well...

No comments: