Wednesday, April 2, 2008

blab, blab, blab...

This post is kind of boring and long and contains a whole lot of me blabbing...you have been warned.
So I ordered some goodies for Hunt from J.Crew today. Can I just say that I LOVE this store! I guess I'm lucky that I'm too huge for their women's clothes. And don't even get me started on little girl's stuff. I would go WAY overboard. J. Crew is pricey, but I love their look. We'd be totally broke if I were to buy my stuff from them. At least one of us will be looking darling for vacation/summer. I love to shop for Hunt at the above store as well as Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place, Gymboree and Polo. Yes kids do grow fast, but it's hard to find nice/cute things for them at Walmart and Target. Target does have good stuff sometimes, and yes I do buy Walmart to.
I have spotted a few must haves from Old Navy and Alphabet Soup for me. Oy!!! I might have to get a job! I wish I at least liked only one style of clothing, but I don't. I like preppy, jeans and tees, dressy-ish, sometimes athletic and outdoorsy. I'm also really into monogrammed stuff lately...I guess that's the preppy side coming out. I've always liked them, but here recently I've really been spying some neat-o stuff. I have my eye on a monogrammed cap. I like to wear caps so why not have one with my initials...how sad am I??!!! I think I may add a monogrammed sewing machine to my wish list this year. I know my current machine is only like 2-3 years old, but I LOVE monogramming. I'm sure it will be WAY too expensive and hubs will be like..."you just got a new one X years ago"...but mine doesn't do monogramming. Maybe 30 years from now I'll finally get one. I know, I know, I really don't need it, but...
So I guess my excuse for buying clothes and etc. often(even though I haven't really shopped for me in a while)is because it makes me feel a little better about my OVER-WEIGHT self if I THINK that I look kind of ok/cute. Sad but true...I rely on material things to help with my self-confidence. Material things and an occasional "drink" oh yes and chocolate!
The web makes it TOO easy to shop. However, with a 3 year old it is a HUGE help.

Hubs and Hunt last year at coast...

So with vacation peeking around the corner(23 days!!!!) I've started a list of things I HAVE/MUST get done before we leave. Maybe if I start now I can get most done. Here are what I've come up with...

*confirm Zoe's boarding(doggie vacation) dates
*get hair cuts...Hunts and mine
*try to get a pedi...this would be really nice if I can fit it in
*get new glasses and contacts...this is a MUST!!! Why must I be blind?!
*sign up and confirm Love and Logic classes
*at some point(maybe not BEFORE vacation)get Hunt signed up for swim lessons
*get anniversary gift for hubs...for April 30(14 years)
*get B-day gift for good friend that will be going on vacation with us

As of right now this is all I can come up with, but I'm sure to be adding more daily. I know it doesn't seem like it's too out of reach, but when you're dealing with a 3 yr old and appointments or classes weekly it can be challenging...maybe I'm a wimp.
I've been contemplating on actually signing Hunt up for music and/or art classes. I know it will add to our ever growing list of daily/weekly activities. I mean I always work pretty good under pressure and overbooking us on such functions might be too funny/crazy not to do it. It may give to some funnier posts(I've been not so funny lately). So far our week looks like Monday-free, Tuesday or Wednesday-story time at library or music and art class,Thursday-therapy(unless I can reschedule in which once a month we have our KECPTA meetings). Then if you add swim lessons in there somewhere and other KECPTA activities as well as Hunt's play group which I hope can be added to Monday you've got a good recipe for a mommy break-down. Good Times!!!
Well let's see what else...oh I did more "sneaky" recipes. We've now tried a different mac and cheese recipe(it was ok), and rice balls. I think I must have done something wrong. They didn't turn out right. They tasted good, just not the right consistency when I was preparing them. I'll try them again and we'll see how they turn out in round 2.
Speaking of cooking...is it wrong to "let" your child touch something hot AFTER you've only told them 5 TIMES not to touch it? Hello, HOT means HOT!!! Why must you find out for yourself...I guess mom's a big fat liar and only kidding when she tells me not to touch, it's hot... It's not like I stuck his hand to the oven door while it was down and I was removing a dish from the oven. He did it all on his own AFTER I told him not to. Then wonders why it hurts. I couldn't shut the door because I had ahold of the dish with both hands and told little man "that's very hot, don't touch"...and repeated it over and over and over and over again. I set the dish down and turned around to see his wee little hand on it's way to a burning and crying post event. I just watched and in a split second it was over with. I guess I could have reached across the door and pushed his hand away if a was quick, but I didn't. And then after the incident I felt like shit! Not just sit, but dog shit!!! The look on his little tear coated face was so heart wrenching. Like.."mommy, how could you just watch while I, your angel, reach for a blistering aftermath. You're so cruel". It didn't even blister his hand or fingers so don't get upset with me. I've been told that sometimes kids need to find out on their own or find out for them-selves.
I recon I'm not in the running for Mommy of the Year now. Bummer I was SO close...NOT!!!!

No comments: