Wednesday, April 9, 2008

a bunch of nothing...

Not much to report. Life around our happy home has been pretty uneventful and boring. Hunt and I planted some flowers and greenery yesterday. And then it rained like hell last night so I'm sure it will all be dead soon. At least we didn't have a replay from last year's spring flower planting escapade. Last year Hunt fell and hit a flower pot with his teeth. One of them turned a brown/black color. After a trip to the dentist and a 10 minute battle of mommy VS 2year old x-ray session it turned out that the nerve seemed ok and we still had hopes that the tooth wouldn't fall out...or have to be pulled out. He still has both front teeth and the color is almost 100% back to normal. Thank goodness! I really didn't want to have a kid with a snaggle tooth grin for several years until permanent teeth came in. It's cute when they get to the age where they start loosing them, but another story when they have them knocked out because of a clash with a gardening container.

It's getting closer to warmer weather and summer time. With that, I finally emailed a swim school and inquired about getting Hunt some swim lessons. I want to start them before summer hits mainly because of our friends' lake house(which we spend a lot of time at due to our boat) and then there's the swimming pool play times. I'll admit I'm not the best of swimmers. Hubs is good. They wanted him to be in the JR Olympics when he was a kid. He didn't...he just wasn't interested. I want Hunt to be able to feel safe and know what to do when he's in the water. Hubs and I could teach him, but he may listen better to someone else...a professional...


I also decided(for sure) to attend May sessions of a group of courses called Love and Logic. They cover early childhood parenting issues like misbehavior, power struggles, teaching children to listen(the first time) etc. The sessions are once a week for about 5 weeks. We'll see just how these apply to MY sweet(hellion) Hunt. Who knows maybe they will do all of us some good. I wish hubs could attend as well, but work hours don't allow for it. I've heard good things about the meetings and with it only costing me $15.00(for the workbook) how can I loose...right???

Oh yes...remember I started a list of things I need to get done before we go on vacation?...well I've manage to dwindle it down a little bit. I made an eye appointment for this Friday, reserved boarding for Zoe while we are gone, signed up for Love and Logic sessions(as mentioned above), taken care of friend's birthday gift and inquired about swim lessons(as mentioned above to). Not too bad I guess.
I'm still at a loss for what to get hubs for our anniversary. I have a few ideas, but nothing concrete. There's really nothing I'm set on. And since we will be out of town on vacation on our anniversary day it's made it harder...or at least seem harder.

Tomorrow is Hunt's therapy day. I'm crossing my fingers that he behaves better and listens better than last week.

No comments: