Tuesday, April 15, 2008

rants and raves...

Hey to everyone... bare with me...I just need to rant a little about people..... Why is it that people seem to think McDonald's play area is a set your kids free and not watch them zone? I mean I know that they roam around screaming, running, climbing, etc, etc, but what the hell...I took Hunt to McD's last Friday so he could burn off some energy and plus he did pretty good while I was at my optometrist's picking out new glasses. Anyway, I realize people that my son is by no means an angel, but give me a break! To me McD's is a place to let your kiddos play and have fun...AND...still somewhat behave like human beings and not little shits monkey's! Just because your brats are entertained doesn't mean you can not keep them in line. There were moms chit chatting on phones, talking to each other, reading, etc.... Not even paying attention to their off-spring sliding across tables, climbing on the outside of slides, taking the basket balls outside the enclosed hoop area and throwing and bouncing them in the food court area. Some were way out of control! I sat there trying to watch my son to be sure I knew where he was and what he was doing. And that no heathens were acting like little fools to him(yes I know I may be TOO protective)...but some older kids were rough housing around. IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE LET THEIR KIDS RUN WILD!!! There was even one lady that had 3 or more????kids there and the two little girls looking between the ages of 3 and 4 climbing in and out of the high chairs! Never mind that they could not fit in them very well, what if they fell. And Oh yes their older brother pushing them around the food/play area in them. OY!!! SIMPLY RIDICLOUS(in my eyes)!!!
And yesterday after our Pre-school Nature Center class Hunt and I stopped by Brahms(sp?) to get a bite to eat. There was a middle aged man sitting at a table in front of us. He was enjoying his burger and fries and drink. He finishes his meal and gets up...LEAVING HIS TRASH, TRAY, AND MESS...ALL OVER THE TABLE!!!!!! Since I couldn't see the front area or the order counter from where we where sitting, I waited to see if he would come back with an ice cream or from a potty break. NO!!! he never came back. What a total looser! Lazy ass man! What the hell is wrong with people? There was a trash reciprocal right behind him. He didn't even have to get up! Just turn around jerk and dispose of your garb! But oh NO, that may be too much effort! I say...if it's a fast food restaurant and you see a trash can...throw your crap away! Maybe he was a father to one of the crazy kids from McD's Friday night...

Ok maybe I'm done now...

happy place...happy place...

Hunt, hubs and I took a short week end trip to try to spot bluebonnets for some pictures. Not much luck at all. We drove down to the same place we went last year...Willow City Loop. Last year was amazing, this year...really sucked. Just a few sprinkled out beside the road. Not enough to get a picture. I'm sure it's because of the dry fall season last year. We may try Ennis this Sunday. They have the bluebonnet trails that are suppose to be good. But if the showing of bluebonnets we've seen so far is like that in Ennis we can forget it until MAYBE next year.
The Fort Worth Nature Center's Pre-school discovery class that we attended on Monday was great. The director discussed what happens in the spring time season...exp. flowers bloom, baby animals are born, butter flies hatch from cocoons, weather gets warmer and so on. He read a book, talked about the above spring happenings, took the kids on a short hike to hear birds, see flowers and butterflies...etc. Then brought out a baby 1 month old alligator and showed it to them. It was really cute. Then the kids got to make a flower mask. I'll have to show pictures of Hunt with his mask when I get them ready...too cute! Afterwards Hunt and I did some hiking of our own. It was a great day to be outside in nature.
Today we had our music and art class. Ohhh boy was Hunt active today. He was a tad bit mis-behaving and wound up. He managed to hit another child with a tambourine, break a maraca AND drop about 4 flower pots and break all but 1. This all in about 2 hours time. Ughhhh! Hope we don't get kicked out... I really do try to make him behave...he gets so active at times.

This Saturday is nephews birthday. He'll be big # 1!!!! His first birthday, how exciting. Already a year has gone by since I first became an aunt.


I'm suspending the "Ask My 3 Year Old" for now...unless I can get a cute answer out of him or he says a funny...it seems that every-time I ask him something he tells me "I don't know" or "I don't remember". It's entirely my fault that he says it.


Sorry for the rude language in this post...I was just a little peeved...
And I don't have the best writing skills, so a BIG apology for that to...

No comments: