Friday, February 29, 2008

what's in a name...

Ok, before I start I just want to forewarn you that this day's topic may turn a stomach or two. It's kind of well how do I put it...gross. With a little humor in it to boot. Viewer discretion is advised.....

So just about everyone out there who knows us, knows that Hunt is going through potty training. All and all he's doing really well. He hasn't got the idea of telling us he needs to go potty BEFORE he actually goes, but hey, at least he's mentioning it. He'll say...I need to go potty, and by the time we get in there, well he's already gone. I do try to take him every 45 min. or so, when I think about it. I'm not perfect you know and sometimes it just slips my mind. I know it shouldn't, but it does. I've got him to use both his potty chair and the big potty, so he has options. One can never have too many potty options I say. Heck he even tells me...go in there...(meaning geez mom go in the other room and give me some privacy) Well.....
I'm sure my darling Hunt isn't the only child out there that has named his poop...right?
Please tell me he isn't. Oh we've had some good ones. Banana, snake, umbrella(yes I said umbrella),train, wings, gorilla with baby gorilla and tonight's master piece was a rhino. And these little(or sometimes pretty good size) excretions resemble their names. I swear the kid has a knack for creating works of art. Some actually look as though you sculpted them by hand. Which by the way would really give me a scare, but we always wash our hands and I haven't found any to be "muddy"(to put it in a nice way). It even crossed my mind one night to send a video on the phone of the"umbrella"one to Daddy(hubs) to check out. But I know how terribly disgusting that would be and I'm not that kind of girl/mommy....OK so I'm lying. I did send the umbrella BM to daddy and I only did it once. As a very few of you my recall, I had a certain incident with a cell phone and a porta potty several years ago...so this should not be a shock to you guys. I ONLY went porta potty diving, not literally, just with my hand...it does have a nice blue cast to it now...joking!!! Anyway Hunt's poo was just WAY too cute not to. I even made Hunt tell daddy what it was on the video. Of course daddy didn't think it was too cool to get a clip of a potty chair decorated with a umbrella shaped dookie with a little voice in the back ground saying... "it's an umbrella poo poo daddy", created by his one and only 3 year old son. How can he not? How often do you see umbrellas smiling up at you in the potty? See even you're picturing a little brown umbrella with a big happy smile. You know the elephants in the zoo sell their painting, so why not my baby.

Watch out EBAY here we come.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY FUNNY!! LOVE IT!!