Wednesday, February 27, 2008

dish water hands...

Hello all. This entry goes out to all those ladies...and maybe a few men who've stood at the kitchen sink and washed those plates, glasses, forks, etc. until...your skin covered phalanges came out looking like extended prunes.
This evening while I was washing the dishes(and yes I mean by hand), Hunt pulled his little stool up beside me. He told me that he wanted to "pour the water" from the cup I was washing. I thought OK, sure. As he poured it into the sink I was like...hey maybe I'm on to something. So I washed a bowl and handed it to him to "pour"(rinse), I washed another cup and let him pour(rinse) it for me. When he tried to leave his post of head dish rinser I told him that his assignment wasn't over yet. He just looked at me funny, go figure. Well, we did still have some serving utensil and a fork to finish....what a slacker, already quiting his first job. I'm sure if I was caught I would be turned in to some child labor organization, but what the heck. Beside I better take this opportunity while I have the chance, right? In another couple of years or so(or another couple of nights :) ) I'll be having to threaten him to do them. And I'm sure then is when I'll definitely be turned in to either CPS or some sort of harmful unfair and unjust illegal child chore task force. Just because we have a dish washer doesn't mean we HAVE to use it. Now don't anyone get their drawers in a pinch. I wouldn't force Hunt to do anything that his little 3 year old mind couldn't be bribed into doing. Nothing too difficult or complex for the average child of his age. You know I wouldn't make him do things that I don't think he's capable of.
I just wonder how far a bag of M&Ms would go if I were to say... persuade him to do a few other household chores. I can see it now.......

*Hunt come on man that vacuum is not heavy, push boy push....
*Hunt, sweety...do mommy a big favor and scrub this potty. I'll give you an M&M...
*Hunt, could you come here and see if you can reach the knobs on the washer and dryer. I want to see how big you are now...good, now see if you can turn it by yourself...good boy...our clothes go in there...
*Bubba, come here...mommy wants to show you something...see this pretty blue spray, it cleans the windows and mirrors(not your mouth, just windows and mirrors). And look what mommy has for you, these 2 M&Ms...not until you're done...

In all honesty though, Hunt does like to use the Swiffer duster to clean. Honest, I swear he does he always asks for it when I'm using it. Of course I'm sure to take it out right in front of him so that he is sure to see it and ask to use it. He just smiles and laughs...oh if he only knew...

No comments: