Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another one, am I crazy...

This morning I watched my nephew who's 10 months old. He's a cutie that smiles alot. It was fun having a little, or at least a smaller child in the house. One that I can still call a baby, since Hunt is 3 now we mostly call him Big Boy. Playing with my nephew and seeing Hunt interact with him made me wonder...are we(am I) ready for child #2? They seemed to enjoy each other so much. It really made me realize I'm not getting any younger and also made me think...I would like another young'n kind of close to Hunt. I'm sure if I bring it up to hubs he'll just shoot down the idea. He'll bring up the fact that WE DO have another baby...her name is Zoe(our puppy). And all though he's right a bro or sis for Hunt would be special. I'm an only child and to tell you the truth I HATE it. I mean sure it could be possible that I may have a half sibling somewhere in Vietnam...due to the fact that my dad was over there in the army and he was well let's just say lonely and possibly a male slut*.
To make things worse, we have some friends that just had a baby earlier this month to. We went for a visit to the hospital to meet this new little man and ohhhhhh how I wanted to take him home. He was so adorable and had that new baby smell. Not like that little boy smell...you know the one that sometimes smells sweaty and a little rank. This little guy was so perfect.
Ohhhh babies, babies, babies, babies, babies...

And then Hunt runs over nephew with a John Deere push tractor and I wake up and face reality...what was I thinking? I must be crazy! Maybe we should wait a little longer...

*if by chance someone out there knows of a half Vietnamese and half American person that looks similar to me(may have big ears) and is looking for family ties, please by all means feel free to send them my way. Unless of course they seem perturbed about the whole fatherless situation or they need a place to live. I'm not thrilled about sharing my home with a unknown stranger even if they are family.

No comments: