Sunday, March 14, 2010

it's monday again...


~March 15, 2010~

Happy Monday!

Thank goodness The Harvey House has had no other illness since hub's bug last week!
Grandma however seemed to catch it to. Hope she's feeling better soon! It seems to be making the rounds all over.

This past Friday I had lunch with my friend Shannon. We enjoyed some Mexican food and then made a quick trip to Sam Moon to check out the goodies. And yes there were goodies to be found! I spotted a few little darlings that I may need to go back and retrieve soon. Purses, bags, jewelry, hats, bows, scarves, hair pieces...etc! WOW!
So much stuff!! It wasn't easy to try to cast an eye over all that they had and watch a wondering 5 year old too! So next trip will (hopefully) be without my little man... :(... Sorry honey, but mama sometimes needs a little time to roam around and explore a few possible necessities without wondering if you're beside her or over trying to run your fingers across the hanging necklaces trying for a wind chime effect(I know this is TOTALLY improper grammar, what else is new)!

Yesterday we made a trip to the home store(aka Lowe's) to pick up a few things we needed. Our list consisted of a new light for the front of our house, air filter, grass seed, grass fertilizer and birdseed.
And as everyone knows you can't go in there and buy JUST what you need! Or at least not usually. We did good though, until I went out to the outside plant and garden section. But still even then I did good! I picked out a few plants/flowers. A strawberry plant, lettuce plant and 2 snapdragons, 2 (some kind of white-ish leafy plants) and a 6 pack of yellow flowers. The lettuce and strawberries for the backyard garden(which looks more like a leaf liter pool right now, will need to start working on this I hope this week). And the flowers and leafy plants in a pot out front. So I will be posting photos of our planting F U N soon..haha! And another note...my blackberry bush from last year is still a kickin! It's about the only thing still hanging on from last year in our pitiful garden. Well that and a couple more green weeds...they may be tree suckling for all I know, that or plants growing from spilt bird seed from last season.

Hunt had a nice time playing in the sand box for a while. Sorting and throwing out the dead snails, petrified worms and dried leaf bits. Miss Em even got to stick her little toes in the cool sand. I was telling her all about the beach and the sand that we'll get to enjoy on vacation. She was very excited!
Then Hunt made his way up to the front of the house to play with his tractors, trailers and hay bales by our front tree. He has a special spot that he always likes to play at.













Em sat in her Bumbo and slobbered on some stacking cups and dead grass(I just realized this sounds like I'm talking about a dog).
Yes our front lawn looks so sad(hence the fertilizer and grass seed)!




Anyway, Em is such a outdoors girl! We were out there about 2 or so hours(may have been a little longer) and she loved every minute! We did make 2 trips inside to check on the laundry in the dryer, for mama to potty and check her britches for potty to.













"Me just a worthless coyote, me crazy as a loon. We just a worthless coyote, me howling at the moon...."
So on our last 3 trips to the library we've been picking out a couple of audio books of Hank the Cow Dog. There are many and they are too funny! We all like to listen to them. Anyway, Hank is this dog who lives on a 6000 acre ranch here in Texas. He's titled himself as "head of ranch security" and is ALWAYS getting into trouble! All the stories are told by Hank himself. Well at certain points in the the books he meets coyotes who in the stories are suppose to be like Native Americans. You know...how they were perceived years ago...as savages, simple, and talking silly. Well Hunt has taking up to singing one of their songs...{see the phrase above}! I caught him the other day repeating this tune. And dang it if I didn't start repeating it to! You know how things get stuck in your head! Oh well I guess it could be worse.

Speaking of that little man of mine... He kills me sometimes! Such a character!
The other day we passed a jump house place and outside they had one set up. Here is how the conversation went...Oh and if you don't already know...our dog Zoe is a crazy dog!...
Hunt: "Mom I wish we could go get a jump house there!"
Mama:"Oh really?"
Hunt:"Yes, that looks like fun."
Mama:"Yes but we don't have room and Zoe might tear it up."
Hunt:"We need to get a different dog that doesn't eat jump houses!"
{poor Zoe}
Then later that day we were talking about camping and how some friends of ours are going and a family in our Early Childhood PTA group are to. I was saying that I loved to camp and how fun it is. And how I wish we could go, but sister was just too little right now. Well, that little toot replied with..."But I like camping! We need to put sister back in your tummy!" He's something!!!

Kell notified me that it is now only six weeks until vacation! Wooo Hooo!!!

No comments: