Tuesday, February 23, 2010

wanting warmer weather please...

~February 23, 2010~

What state am I in...oh yes, Texas! Wow I can't believe we got more snow today. It wasn't alot and it didn't stick around, but wow.
It's such a shock, I tell you. This weather we are having. Just last week, I believe it was Thursday, the weather was in the 60's. What's going on?

A couple of mornings in a row I hear song birds singing.
I see robins everywhere.
And...I've seen trees budding.

Maybe Mr. Groundhog was off just a tad.

I am ready for the warm weather though! Ready for some time at the lake and fun on the boat. Last year I was pregnant and couldn't do anything but joy ride in it. I'm ready for some sun on my face and warmth on my body! Shorts, lemonade, flip flops and cook-outs!
And to make it even worse vacation is still a little over 2 months away. Not too long, but in my mind not soon enough!
We'll be heading down south, to the coast...to Port "A"! YAY! We didn't go last year. Instead we had a trip to San Antonio, so I'm REALLY ready!!!
Awwwww...the warm sun, soft sand, waves crashing on the beach and rocks, coastal activities and the seafood!!!! Let us not forget about the seafood!!! Oh how I love thee! Fresh and tasty(wiping the drool as I type)!
I remember the first time we took Hunt. He was a little older than Em will be when we go. I remember him crawling after the sea gulls! So cute! I'll have to post a pic of it.
So until then, I will just have to deal with our cold weather.

A good thing about this weather is that the bluebonnets should be awesome this year. They love lots of rain. I see a trip towards the hill country on the horizon. Maybe around the end of March, first of April...down around Willow City Loop.
The bluebonnets there are amazing! Great photo opps!
And with all the rain and snow our lakes should be up. We needed that to.

So today the kiddos and I went to the library story time. It was about snow, so appropriate! Both of them did good. Em was even awake the entire time and did super! We picked out about 9 books, 2 Hank the Cowdog audio books, a kid music cd and word world, reading phonics and oceans dvds. We'll be set for a week or so...ha!

I wanted to show you Em's little bunny slippers. They were given to her as one of her baby shower gifts from someone on my side of the family.

Aren't they the cutest!!!!

She agrees!!!

Speaking of little Miss Em...here's what she's up to SO much lately...

grabbing at anything and everything she can! Here grabbing the camera.

She's also been doing a lot of this still...

chewing...

drooling...

slobbering.
But no teefies yet! I check that little mouth all the time! Or at least as well as she'll let me..Ha!

And I had to show you all this to...

Hunt has been doodling bunches on his Doodle Pro.
Here he has drawn a "happy fish", so he tells me.

Well I'm off to work on some laundry, tata.....

No comments: