Monday, February 15, 2010

snow, valentines and a Dr visit...

~ February 16, 2010~
{Long with lots of photos}


Blanketing the earth, like a fresh sheet laid out upon our ground, covering every inch of our surroundings. The winter white spread along tree limbs as icing added to a treat. Empty streets layered with slush and wetness. And ponds quiet and still without life.
-This is Winter's snow

So now that the snow has almost all but melted away I feel kinda sad. It was so beautiful...and VERY rare here in Texas! And I know most of you think that I'm crazy for feeling sad and missing it. But being a sahm it didn't interfere in much of our daily/weekly activity. Of course school was cancelled Friday for Hunt, which meant his class Valentines party was postponed. But still there was no where I had to go and nothing I really had to do.
Hunt and I made a couple of trips outdoors to have some play time in the snow. Throwing snow balls and building a wee snowman. Just enjoying the white stuff!
{snow photos}
Hunt was so excited to get to play in the snow.


Giving our snowman an arm.

Hunt checking out the snowman.

Hunt and Mr Snowman

Isn't he the cutest?

This was funny...he had fallen down and both hands went down in the snow. When he went to pull his hands out of the snow, his gloves were still stuck so his hands came out of the gloves. I thought the pic was cute, just the gloves stuck in the snow.

Gathering up snow.


Throwing his snowball at mama.

This was as far as Em and daddy got(the door). He didn't want to go outside(he had to go to work later)and Miss E didn't need to get in the cold.

Hunt kept messing with the snowman. Towards the end our snowman didn't have a head.

Silly boy!

Zoe playing in the snow!



I know a few of you are going to think this is gross, but...
I found a recipe for snow ice cream. Hunt and I decided to give it a try Thursday night. And it was surprisingly good!
{snow ice cream}



Thursday and Friday was spent finishing Valentines. We completed the cards and goodies. For Hunt's class he made homemade cards and I cut out newspaper envelopes. Then I put some goodies(pencil, cute pad of paper, heart box with candies, lolli-pop and other candies in these cute mail box looking tins I found at Target. Then I wrote each child's name on the mail boxes with a paint marker.
{Valentines}
Hunt cut out hearts(good scissor practice)

He used glitter...

Glue...

Stamps...

Wrote his name and each class mates name on each one

Here are some finished ones. They got foam and regular stickers to.

In the envelopes.

Up close view of one.


{Mail Boxes}
The girls got white and the boys got red.



{Teacher gifts}
The teachers got these gift baskets I put together.

Note pads with lips, crown pens, small box of chocolates, flower petal soaps and a lolli-pop.

Our Valentines Day was good. Hunt made me a sweet card and hubs gave me some chocolates and a touching card. Then daddy and Hunt went to a gun show and mama and Emma went to JoAnn's and Ross. That was a gift in itself...me going to JoAnn's without Hunt...hahaha(sounds kinda mean huh?! Emma slept and I slowly and quietly made my way around the stores without being in a rush.
{Photos of my babes this weekend}
Miss E

Saturday's outfit.

Up close of her tee(it says...Peace + Love = Me)

Awhhhh...so cute!

Hunt and Miss E. They are SO ADORABLE!!!

Miss and Daddy! Valentines Day outfit.


{Here's what I gave my babes for Valentines...}
Their cards
Hunt's (notice he made himself a homemade one to)

Em's cards

Em's stuff-lovey mini blanket, stuffed pony, large pink and purple crayons(for future use), t-shirt, socks, candy...etc.

Hunt's stuff-dry erase alphabet cards, motorcycle, books, stamps, stuffed tiger, candy, mini skate board, Buzz socks, note pad...etc.

Bagged up and ready to give.

Hunt checking out his goodies.

Em loving hers.


Hubs got some candy and the movie Saw 6. He loves the Saw movies and we had not seen this one yet.

Since Hunt's pre-school was open this Monday, they had their party then. They had some snacks, watched Finding Nemo movie, played for a while in the gym and then came back to the room and exchanged their cards and favors. Mama was there and took a few photos.
{school party}











Today I had to take both kiddos to their peditrician, Dr Coutoumans. It was Hunt's 5 year check up and Miss E's 4 month. Both of them did well. Although at one point I was thinking Hunt wasn't about to put on the cute gown they had for him. But he did. And Hunt got a hearing test...it appears that he hears perfectly!!! Hummm...now there are no excusses for him not doing what mama and daddy ask him to do...HA! And an eye chart test was done to, his sight is fine as well.
I took some photos while we were there.








Em- weighed 15.6 pounds-80% in weight
height was 26 inches-90% in height
Hunt- weight was 43.6 pounds-70% in weight
height was 43 inches-just over 50% height
Poor little Miss E had shots due...she cried of course when they gave them to her and her Big Brother cried to. He was so sad to see and hear her crying that it made him cry. I guess he has such a big and tender heart! I kept explaining to him that she will be ok and that the shots will keep her well. I told him that she will be a little sore, but she will be fine. My poor babies!!!! I did have to give her some Tylonol. It seemed that her leggie was bothing her a little later. sniff sniff
The last few days Hunt has been all worried about him having to get a shot. He wasn't due for one this time, and boy was he happy to!

whoooo hooo...finally done...

No comments: