Sunday, October 4, 2009

wonderful and surprising weekend!....

~October 4, 2009~

Oh my gosh it was a really great weekend!

I was surprised with a baby shower by some of my friends and family! How exciting it was! And I had NO clue at all! WOW!!!
I got lots of sweet things and can't wait to see little Emma in the clothing! Everyone did such a good job and I LOVED it ALL!!!
The plan was to pick up my friend Kelley at her house around 10:30 or so for a shopping day. So as I'm driving down her street towards her house I'm thinking what are all those cars doing there. I double check that that is her mail box...yep green! And double check that that is her home...yep that's it! So I park in front of the neighbors house as I'm still wondering why all the cars are here. As I'm getting out of my Tahoe it hits me...wait that's Stephanie's car, and that's Misty's car, and who's is the one in the front...etc, etc! Then I'm like...why those little... At that moment I knew it was a shower for me!!! AWWWW...how thoughtful! So I'm walking to the door and I just can't believe they pulled it off
without me knowing or finding out! They did good! Even hubs knew and didn't say a word! It was GREAT! I was like man...I wish I would have dressed a little nicer though...hahaha!
It was planned and set up by Kelley and Stephanie and they did a good job! There were shower games(guess the number of M&Ms in the baby bottle, baby word scramble, toilet paper wrap around the pregnant woman(me) and clothes pen game(where you get a clothes pen taken away for saying the words cute and Emma). There was also some yummy snacks such as a shrimp quiche, muffins and a fruit salad. Then there was the delicious cake! All cute in pink and brown colors. Kelley's house was decorated with pink and white streamers, pink and white balloons and "It's A Girl" ribbons. It looked so nice! And of course matching pink and brown plates and napkins.
I wish I had pictures to post...I'll post photos as soon as I get copies from everyone.
It was so nice to see how much people care about you and how thoughtful your friends can really be!
Thanks so very much for making my day everyone! It was SO nice to see you all!!!!!!

Daddy took Hunt out of town again Friday night. They drove to the lake house and spent the night Friday. Then got up Saturday and drove into Oklahoma to Fort Sill. They had a fun time! I forgot to send the camera along on that trip...so no photos.
They drove back home Saturday early evening and meet Kelley and I for dinner.

Sunday we hung around the home and I whipped up another baby gown/sack. It was nice to have everyone here and not have a thing to have to do or place to go.


I snapped this photo of daddy trying to show Hunt(a little)how to play the guitar today. Neither were patient enough to really try, but it was so cute!


And yes I know I still need to post maternity photos to.

Well it's back to the OB tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say....

1 comment:

Shannon Finstead said...

Hey Judy, OH MY GOODNESS!!! I cant believe you are having a baby girl...CONGRATS to ya'll!! I am guessing she should be do anyday if not already from reading your posts. Here is my email address write me sometime, I have lost all your contact info. mrsfishfin@yahoo.com