Wednesday, October 14, 2009

she's here and she's beautiful!...


SHE'S HERE!!!!

We welcomed our little Miss E to the world Monday, October 5th!



She weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has some hair...medium brownish(in the light more golden). And just perfect!

I awoke that Monday feeling a little different. I was having some pains and a little leaking(sorry to make it sound so yucky!) Emma and I had a little chat. I told her that she had to wait for her father to be there before she came. I started my day just like any other, I took Hunt to pre-school, came home did some laundry, etc. After about an hour or so the pains were getting worse and I noticed the leaking now had a little blood in it. I decided at that point that I might better make sure my hospital bag had all my necessities in it and ready to go and made sure Hunt's bag was packed to head to grandma's...just in case! Camera...check, tooth brush...check, deodorant...check, etc, etc...check, check, check!!! After picking Hunt up from pre-school and the two of us eating a little lunch I decided to call my OB(I was scheduled to come in later that afternoon)...just to let her in on what was going on. She decided to have me come in early...just to check me out. So I called grandma and asked if she minded me bringing Hunt over a little early. She was having bridge club at her house and I knew Hunt might be a little bit of a handful with all the ladies that would be there. After dropping him off there(and leaving his suitcase...just in case) I drove to the OB's office. They checked me out and it appears that my pains were some minor contractions and that my membrane had busted or something like that. Dr Luna told me that she was calling the hospital to tell them she was sending me over to be admitted. So with that news...I knew that the time had come...Emma would be coming soon! And did I mention that hubs left that morning going out of town! Yep he was no where close to home. He was in San Angelo! But, on his way home...yes speeding was involved!

(me...pre-Emma)

Here's kinda how the rest of the pre-delivery played out...
3:15pm I was put into a labor and delivery room (Juno was playing on the television in the room...I thought that was kind of funny...)
3:45pm I was given pitocin to speed contraction...oh the fun that is!
4:00pm Hubs arrives, Thank goodness Emma waited for him.
And I've dilated to a 5
PAINS GETTING STRONGER!!!
OH MAN...HOW DO PEOPLE DO THE NATURAL NO MEDICATION DELIVERY?!!!
DEAR LORD WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GIVE PITOSIN!!!
I HATE EVERYONE RIGHT NOW!!!
5:00 Now dilated to a 7...ok need epidural...NOW!!!
5:05pm WHERE THE HELL IS THE ANESTESIOLOGIST?!!!
5:10pm OH GOD!!!
5:11pm SORRY HONEY, BUT I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW...JUST STOP TALKING!
5:15pm Finally the anesthesiologist arrives! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR...FOR GODS SAKE GIVE ME THE DRUG!!!
5:17pm WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A CERTAIN TEST TO COME BACK!!! LOOK I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IF I DON'T GET THE DRUGS!!!
5:19pm LOOK, I'M GLAD THE TEST WAS FINE, SHUT THE HELL AND GIVE ME THE SHOT!!!!
5:25pm Feeling the sharp hot pain of the meds going through my back!
5:45pm Pains finally getting bearable again...I love anesthesiologists!!!!
5:50pm legs getting a little numb, but can still feel and move them.
5:51pm I'm good to go!!! Let's have us a baby!!!
6:19pm They wheel in the baby delivery cart...won't be too much longer now!
7:00pm I'm given oxygen...man do I look that bad?!
7:40pm Dilation full on and ready to start pushing. After 3 sets of contractions and me pushing so hard my insides feel like they are coming out...
7:47pm EMMA ARRIVES!!!
Welcome to the world my precious little girl!

(I'll spare you the rest of the icky photos)
Our good friend Kelley happens to work in the hospital I delivered Emma at, so she was able to come and see Miss E shortly after she was born.

10:45pm Tired, I'm wheeled down to my room #302


And just like that our little family of 3 became a family of 4!


Hunt meets his new little Sissy Emma!

He brought her the birthday card he made and a balloween and teddy bear. What a sweet Big Brother!



Daddy holding his little girl.
And just so you know, she already has him wrapped around her finger!



Grandma meets her new grandbaby.


Hunt playing with the army vehicle gift set Emma gave him. And Emma loved the blanket and gifts given to her by her big brother!



Here's a photo of us getting ready to leave the hospital.


And in the tahoe heading home.


We're all doing GREAT!! And so happy to be home so we can enjoy her without all the interruptions of the nurses and doctors. I'll fill you in on our first two weeks at home next posting.

So I'm going to end the post here. I will be uploading more photos of our Little Miss for the next post. And I still need to share maternity pics to...I know kinda strange to be looking at them after the babe got here, but you know me...I'm not normal anyway!

Take care...

No comments: