Tuesday, July 7, 2009

where is the time going?...

Can you actually believe July 4th has come and gone ALREADY!

Where is this summer going?

Let's do some catching up...shall we, yes......


This past weekend the three(errr four technically) of us drove out to Weatherford to check out the farmers market and into a little goodie store called Gibson's. Not knowing that the Parker County Peach Festival was in full swing. We might have gone and strolled through the festival if it had not have been for the 100 and something weather! It was just too hot and I am just too pregnant!!! So it was a little crowded at the market, but luckily we found a close place to park.
We picked up some of these...

(peaches of course)

And these and these...

(tomatoes and apples)
I saw a whole lot more I wanted, but I restrained myself.
Afterwards we headed to Gibson's. I wanted to go there and check out their fabric and sewing/craft section. The last time I went I noticed that they had some fabric that I can't get closer to home. I picked out a western print(for Hunter's quilt I'll be working on) and some soft colors for Emma some goodies. I'm thinking some ruffled bumm pants...I saw a sweet little instruction/pattern for some on youcanmakethis.com( a site where you can purchased patterns and instructions for all kinds of things). Here is a photo of the goodies I picked out...


(Oh and the rainbow ribbon to...little girls like rainbows...)
I wish now I had grabbed more fabric, but oh well...maybe next trip.
The grandparents arrived back from their month trip, so Sunday we celebrated hub's father's birthday. It isn't until this week, but it's easier to get everyone together on a weekend. We ate at Bellisimo, an Italian restaurant. The food there is pretty good.

And July 3-6, was spent at the lake with friends.
We arrived at the lake Friday morning ready to spend a long and relaxing weekend with friends having fun.
Troy, Miste and little Kash even joined us for the weekend. Along with all the usuals that are there and Kelley's sister and family to. It was kinda busy and crowded, but still alot of fun! I think fun was had by all!
July 4th/Independence Day was celebrated with swimming, boating, burgers and dogs and lots of fireworks! The weather started to get a little hairy as the fireworks show was underway so it was cut a tad short. The wind picked up and caused some fuses to go out. It wasn't too bad and what can you do about the weather anyway?! We had a great time none the less. The next morning, Sunday we shot off some of Hunt's car/train/boat/ motorcycle/ etc, etc, etc...fireworks. He LOVED them and wasn't as afraid as he has been in the past. Then that evening we shot off the rest of the large ones that we didn't get a chance to do Saturday night.

Hunt enjoyed boating, playing with water guns, swimming, playing croquet, playing bingo and riding his 4 wheeler(alone and with daddy riding along side on his).

Oh and I finally found my sewing machine book! YAY! Now I can finish up the reversible dress I'm making Emma. Hip-hip-hooray!

I whipped up these appliqued onesies...


And for the 4th of July I made Hunt this star shirt...


And finished up one pair of pjs for Hunt as well...


And thanks to finding my sewing book, I finished this little reversible dress...you guys are probably getting tired of seeing this fabric...huh?



The monogrammed initials are iron on due to the fact that I don't have a monogram machine...boo hoo! Still cute I think!!!

PREGNANCY News::
Little Emma is a real mover! Man that little toot moves all the time. Hubs seems to think that she will be a "ring tail tooter"(as he puts it). Oh man...we may be in for some trouble!!!
The indigestions is still here...almost nightly! No fun at all!!! Thank goodness the Tums is taking care of it though. I just pop two each night usually between 10:30 and 12:00. That's when it catches up to me.
So I'm 26 Weeks now. I tried to get a few photos, but they aren't that great...
25 weeks...



26 weeks...

(my belly finally sticks out further than my boobs!...and I realize it's not the most flattering photo to)

I think that about does it for catching up for the past couple of weeks...

Back with you soon...I hope...

No comments: