Tuesday, July 14, 2009

let us catch up some...

Ok, here we go...

Last Tuesday Hunt and I meet Kelley and some moms and kiddos from the group at Log Cabin Village in Fort Worth. I had never been before. It's not what you would consider one of the major attractions around. It was a nice time. We all wondered through the old log homes, all of which are from Parker and Tarrant County. There was also a school house and blacksmith shop to. The favorite spot was the "hands on" home and chicken coop. This entire house and all the old contents were there for you to touch, play with, put on, etc. The kiddos LOVED the small play chicken coop outside...complete with fake hens and eggs. There were baskets and pails for the children to gather the eggs. It made me want to make one for our backyard for the kids to play with.
Here's a collection of photos I took of the day...

Hunt saw a metal cannon pencil sharpener and had to have it! And I saw a wooden log home set that looked like it wanted to come home with us.
Hunt and I enjoyed putting it together and playing with it that evening...








Also this past week... I cut up and froze some of the peaches I purchased in Weatherford last weekend. In hopes of course to making a peach cobbler or peach ice cream soon. And I've been working with Hunt on book 1, 2 and 3 of Hooked on Phonics reading. He's doing really well and I've created a few learning exercises so he can have some practice.

::PREGNANCY NEWS::
Thursday was my OB visit. My blood pressure was good and the babies heart beat was fine. I left them my dreaded 24 hour urine collection jug! Such fun-ness! I go back every 2 weeks now for a check up and sonograms. Kind of a pain, but hey...more photos of baby Emma!!!
Also, I've had a few people ask about this necklace I've been wearing...

It's called a Mexican Bola chime necklace. It's a silver ball with a chime inside. The ball chimes when it moves...supposedly the baby can hear the chime sound and be soothed. And I'm not sure how many mom's do this, but I've been playing my cd's for baby Emma at night just like I did for Hunt when he was in the womb. I have 2 cd's that I switch out every couple of weeks or so. One is called "Mozart for Mommies(or mother's)" and the other is a cd called BebeSounds "The Mozart Collection". It came with the BebeSounds prenatal heart listener set. We have 2 sets of ear phones and a set of small speakers that you set on your tummy so that the babe can hear the music playing. I remember when Hunt was a newborn from a week old and older we would put the cd in the stereo and he would quickly get quiet and still and look around as if listening to this familiar sound. It was really neat.



I go next week to get some lab work done for the Endocrinologist and see him the following week. My blood sugar has been fine. There has been a couple of times it was a little higher than it should be, but I think it was due to me having to have a few needed treats! Like some sweets and a Dr Pepper. I mean I can't totally cut them out!


27 weeks

I signed Hunt up for a siblings class at the hospital that I will deliver at. It should be interesting. The class will be Aug. 15 at 10am. They will also give a tour of the women's delivery area of the hospital.

And will somebody please stop my insanity! I learned how to make some hair bows and I'm up to over 20 now. It's very addicting! The kiddo isn't even here yet and who know how old she will be before she can even wear them. I did see a way to attach different bows to headbands, so she's covered!!! Interchangeable bows on a headband...who needs hair! Here is a pic. of some I've made...


Also I finished up 2 little dresses last week...


I purchased the pdf pattern and couldn't wait to give them a try. The beige one is about 3 months and the other is about 6-9 months. Such sweetness!. They remind me of simple little peasant/country dresses.

Sunday we went swimming at Kelley's house. It was a nice time and it wasn't too horribly hot outside. Daddy and Ken didn't join us outdoors, so it was just Hunt, Kelley and I. Still a nice and fun time. Afterwards we went to a nice dinner and enjoyed the rain coming down.











Yesterday a lady at hub's work gave him a baby gift for Emma! Look how sweet it is...the zebra bag was enough to know that what ever was inside was going to be too cute!...


That was so very sweet of her! Thanks Becky!

And if you want to either get sick or have a good laugh like I did the other night, check out the link/video below on MSN. Keep watching for the guy "Caffeine Bean"...and his tight blue shorts...around 1:33 and 1:41 JUST TOO WRONG!!!! I was laughing so hard!!!


Well sorry so long on this one. I've been having issues with uploading photos and my energy level has been way down to...

No comments: