Monday, June 29, 2009

We made it through the HOT weekend and into another week. It looks rainy, but I haven't checked the weather forecast...come on rain!

Today Hunt and I took a trip out to JoAnn's to purchase a few goodies. I bought a quilt kit for baby. I'm thinking I may use the colors pink(med.-dark color),brown and green(kind of a lime-ish color). This quilt kit was brown and green and a little white. I'm planning on adding a trim of dark pink pom poms, pink monogrammed initials in the center and maybe a little extra pink fabric added to the quilt. I'll see how easy it will be to add pink in the quilt. I really liked the colors of the brown and lime green together and knew the pink had to go in there somewhere. It seems to look really neat together. Now if I can just find a baby bedding set with browns, pinks and greens I'll be doing good.
I also purchased some fabric to do star appliques on a shirt for Hunt for the fourth. I figured I was going to put 3 red and blue stars on a white tee. Simple and yet not too baby-ish. he's getting older and I can't just applique anything.

This past weekend Hunt went with Steph to the party. He had a good time and it was a nice break for mama and papa. So we drove out and did our firework buying for the 4th weekend. We spent a small fortune as usual on them, but the fire works show is sure to be better than ever! I bought a few kiddy ones for me and Hunt to shoot...trains, hens, parachutes etc...I always like these and usually not intimidated by them.

Hunt and I made some fire works of our own to hang up as decoration at home. I found the idea in one of my parenting magazines. We used pipe cleaners, glue, glitter and some string. We hung them by some of Hunt's art work and stuff. Simple and I didn't have to go out and buy any thing.
Here are some photos of the making of them...





(oh...please ignore our mess in the background...it's our craft/activity table and junk-not the greatest of photos)


We leave Friday morning to go to the lake for the weekend.
I may be back with a new blog before the weekend, but if not have and Fun and Safe
4th everyone!

No comments: