Friday, June 26, 2009

Huh...it seems I need to do a little updating.

Yesterday Hunt and I just hung out at home. I did some laundry and some cleaning, or was suppose to be doing laundry and cleaning...but you see where I ended up...on this dang computer! But I do need to update the blog...so I did.
Hey I also got some chores done!

I had an OB appointment on Thursday to re-check my blood pressure. It was fine thank goodness! I was seen by my regular OB/GYN, Dr. Luna. I like her a whole lot better than the PA. So I go back in 3 weeks now(and will leave another 24 hour urine sample jug then to).

I finally go to the Endocrinologist on July 1st. Man I'm not sure they know what they are doing in that office. All of a sudden they have an opening in the afternoon on the 1st. Funny...when I called a week ago no afternoon openings were available until July 15th. And I was also told at the time I would be notified of a cancellation if one came available in the afternoon. So that just means someone cancelled or they didn't check their appointment book very well.

Monday Hunt and I attended a Birthday party for one of his playgroup friends at Chuck E Cheese. Vincent turned 4. Of course Hunt had a blast...it's Chuck E Cheese what 4 year old wouldn't love it!

We stopped in at Hobby Lobby earlier this week to check on some sewing fabric and ribbon and such. It's never too early to get started on goodies for our little girl on the way. It's a shame there isn't much cute stuff for boys out there...especially as they get older. But girls...there's hair bows(of which I have some boutique bow instructions on the way to me), dresses, tops, etc, etc...
I found some cute polka dot fabric for a little dress and ribbon for a bow. Hunt wasn't completely left out though. We bought a t-rex wooden unfinished dino to paint and some little doll house size guns that he HAD to have! He's so funny, he loves small things. And guns, ohhhh how he loves guns!

Hunt helped me bake some muffins this week so I snapped a few shots. He's graduated up to cracking eggs for me now(mama still needs to check for egg shells though). They turned out yummy.






Last weekend we ran up to the lake again with Ken and Kelley. We had a nice and very warm time. Hunt played with his water gun and we had a nice Father's Day that Sunday. Hunt got to give daddy his gifts that he made. Below I've included photos of him making them(on a slide show). He made a bird house type rain gauge and tooled a leather key chain. He also made a cute "Rock Star" card for daddy to.


Father's Day






Slide show of Hunt making the goodies.
(the cards, tooled key chains and rain gauges)


I completed a few more baby goodies this past week or so. I made an Angel's Nest. It's like a little sleeping bag that ties with ribbons on one side. And another quirky bib with bacon and an egg on it. Kinda silly, but fun. I kept it unisex just in case. The sleeping sack has a name plate buttoned on the front, but can be removed and another added just in case the gender isn't a girl. I used vintage buttons on it from hub's grandmother's stash. I got some of her sewing things when she passed and a tin with some buttons...a real treasure! Oh and did you notice the name on the sack...Emma? We are thinking that this may be our little daughter's first name. We wanted something sweet and girly and thought Emma was a great choice. Still debating on the middle name yet.


Last week Hunt finished his 2 weeks swim lessons session. He didn't seem interested in going any longer this year, so that will be it for this season. Unless I can talk him into going another 2 weeks next month. It makes me feel safer since we go to the lake alot and are on the boat most of the summer. We'll see...
I took a few more photos when he was there...




Today Hunt will be going with Stephanie to one of her nephews birthday parties. I'm sure he'll have fun, I just hope he behaves without us there.
And we'll be heading out to some fireworks stands to load up on fireworks. We always have a huge turn out at the lake and every year it seems we have to get more and more fireworks. It seems that the guys have to up play the year before on the fireworks show. So we'll go and spend a small fortune on them and shoot them on the fourth, next Saturday. We'll be at the lake for a long weekend.

I think that pretty much catches us up on stuff...I think...

Until next time...

No comments: