Monday, September 17, 2012

still waiting...







~September 17, 2012~

Hello Monday...

Here we are welcoming another Monday!
A start to another week.

I've been sitting close by a phone at home today.  Waiting for a call from our pediatrician on Hunt's x-ray results. Last Thursday morning I took Hunt to the Dr for a little check up. Our pediatrician did her thing and towards the end had Hunt bend over and she proceeded to check his spine.  After examining him she asked me if we had ever had his back/spine x-rayed.  I replied no( a bit worried)!  She fills out a form and tells me to go over to the Imagining center and have it x-rayed when we leave. {*gulp!*}
I asked her about the hours and etc., because I was suppose to take Hunt to school.  She told me that they are open later and are on a first come first serve basis and that after school would be ok to. I looked over the form she filled out for me to take over when we go for the x-rays.  It stated under diagnosis...Scoliosis!!! I left the office a little upset.  I mean we have already been through the stroke, seizure and therapies and etc....now this!   Well of course this was the day Hunt had an afterschool Tae kwon do class and he REALLY wanted to be there! So I opted to take him the next day, Friday after school. 

Bubba in his blue dress...Sister wanted to be in the photo to!


He's cute in his little hospital gown!

They took a couple of photos of his back and then a couple of him turned to the side.  I asked the technician when they would have the x-rays to the Dr. and she said soon and that the Dr. should call me Monday for the results. So I'm still waiting....

Since Hunt started school I've been doing some school work with Em to.  I usually try to get in from 2-3 days a week. We do work books, flashcards, and other fun stuff...not all "school work" fun stuff to!
Today I took some photos of her working!

These are our LARGE alphabet flash cards! I remember Hunt loving these when he was younger!

Finger puppet goodness!!! HA!
Em playing finger puppets.

Alphabet letter tracing.  She's doing really good on some of these!


These are the cheap workbooks I usually use.  I buy them at Target for a buck!!! Can't beat that! I have others to, but these are great! And I usually tear out the pages and slide them into clear page protectors, that way they can be uses again and again.  A lot of these books I've had since Hunt was 3 and he used them! Another little boy that Hunt went to pre-school with even borrowed them to practice to.
This one involved Em circling the same items in the row.



And you can't see it, but Em is using the mini dry eraser to clean her work off the pages.
Most if not all these books come with stickers to!  So when the pages are complete...you earn a sticker!!! What a deal huh?!!!!  To a 2 or 3 year old...that's awesome!!!
Em also worked on her scissor skills! That girl loves cutting paper!!!


I saw this cute snack idea on Pinterest(i think)!  A fishing snack game!  You use large pretzel sticks, dip them in either peanut butter(we used) or a flavored butter, or whatever you choose as the "bait" then stick them to the fish!!! Now how easy and cute is that?!!! Sure beats real fishing! HA! No waiting for a nibble and no worms! ...Instant snack yummy!  Em loved it!


YUMMM!
Em also wanted to work with a little felt book set we have.  I need to make a big felt board!  I made a
felt set a few years back and would love to do more.  Just need a large board to do the stories on!  I
remember enjoying felt story boards when I was young!!!!


No comments: