Thursday, September 6, 2012

some craftyness...


~September 6, 2012~
#2

As some of you may know I LOVE to do crafts!  I love sewing, scrapbooking, knitting...you name it, I'm sure I've done it.  I enjoy making things for my kiddos and love to see their expressions when they get a new homemade gift from Mama!
Recently I made some stuff for Hunt and school. 


I made 2 more sets of  re-usable sandwich wraps and snack baggies.  One looks like chalkboard alphabet and the other has guitars, and a some-what camo coloring. My sets usually consist of a sandwich wrap and 3 snack bag sizes.  Sometimes I actually think ahead and get enough fabric to make a napkin to! Go me! Usually not though! (boo) The baggies have Velcro at the top to keep them closed. The instructions for these little darlings were purchased from etsy I believe.
Here are sets from the previous 2 years.  Fire trucks, cowboys and orange space. These sets save me from using SO many plastic bags, as Hunt usually wants to take his lunch rather than buy it.
Here is a school box I made this year for my little man.  I purchased an unfinished wood box then decoupages scrapbook paper and stencil cut out letters.  Easy and so very sweet!
It holds all of Hunt's supplies and fits great in his school desk! Sure we could have bought the regular plastic box, but why not make a cute one instead.  Plus you can pick out the paper to use on it...making it ANY theme you like. Look how cute it is!!!
In this photo I layed out the gifts that we took to meet the teacher night at Hunt's school. He gave Mrs. Collins a pencil pointer, a lesson plan book and I decorated a sanitizer bottle.  Love these decorated sani bottles!  Who can't use these?!
I was elected to be a PTA officer this year.  Yep...me...Foster Village PTA 1st Vice President.  I was reluctant to become an officer, but was talked into it by Hunt's Kindergarten and First Grade teachers.  I decided that I needed a pretty shirt...so I made me one!  I could have done better on the letters P T A, so I may give another one a try in the future.
Along with the school box, I made Hunt a lunch box to.  I used the same methods as the school box, except on the inside lid I painted chalk paint so I can write my sweet boy a message.  He loves it and easy to do!!!
Inside of the box.  I left it natural.

I have a few more things to post that were made recently to.  I'll get to those another time.

Nighty~Night!

No comments: