Sunday, September 16, 2012

rewinding a bit more...

~September 16, 2012~


I'm doing more rewinding!

Here are a few more pre-school photos. The first few are on Meet the Teacher Night at Hunt's school. 
He met Mrs. Collins and got to check out his room.




Getting hugs from Mrs. Collins! A thank you for the goodies we brought her.


After we met the teacher the kids enjoyed Dipping Dots!
How pretty!

As some of you may know I love to teach Hunt and Em about traditional things that other countries do.
In Germany and often Austria to, they make what's called a "Schultut"(school cone). Sometimes called
Zuckertute in Eastern Germany. This cone is usually given on the first day of school to First Graders.
It's filled with school supplies, candy, toys and other treats. I've read that this tradition dates back as
far as 1810. 
Here's the cones I made this year.  I know Hunt is going into 2nd grade, but I thought...what the heck! And of course I couldn't leave little sister out!  So I made Em one to!






Here's what I put in Hunt's...And below is Em's.


And photos of them holding their cones.



They are the cutest kids...I know!!! HA!


Another cool tradition that I heard about from Germany was the tradition of kids eating their breakfast on wooden cutting boards. I saw some from a company I just love called NOVA naturals! They sell the boards through their catalog and online as well. I've bought several things from them and every one is the BEST quality! I didn't order these from them however.  I drew out the designs and had Daddy make them!  It makes it a bit more special when they know that Daddy made them! Thanks hubs!!!! The kids enjoy eating their breakfast on them in the mornings.  We call them our breakfast boards!


The piggy is Hunt's

Here's a photo from the first breakfast on them, on the first day of school! 
Is it wrong to serve bacon on a piggy cutting board? HA!!!



And Em's board is a bunny!

Yummm...bacon!!!!!!

No comments: