Wednesday, March 18, 2009

what we've been up to...

Happy "Late" St. Patrick's Day to everyone. I didn't get a chance to catch up on the blog until today...so I'm behind a bit.

Hunt had an orthotics(sp? I know I should know this...right?!) appointment today. His PT wanted to see if he needed new shoe inserts or maybe try some short braces again.
His right foot is doing well, but his left ankle still wants to turn in. I think Deborah, our orthotics woman, wants to try Hunt in an EOS brace on the left foot and a new insert for the right. It will be kind of weird I would think. He's always had both feet in the same thing whether it was a brace or an insert. We'll see how it turns out. We go back to see her on April 2nd to try the new ones on.
After the appointment Hunt wanted to try out some new goodies that he got.

A bubble gun and holster...it worked ok


Of course we had to ride our tire horse and try it to.

A roly poly playground.


We also painted.

My photo of Hunt making a silly face.

Hunt's photo of me. Nice job bubba, where's the rest of my head and face???

It was a nice day yesterday at the Botanic Gardens in Fort Worth. We walked the grounds, took many photos and enjoyed what little flowers were in bloom. Some friends from KECPTA group joined us there for a pic-nic lunch. Hunt played ball with some of the boys and ran wild. We did pretty good considering he is still clumsy. We manage not to fall in the pond, but did come home with some skinned knees and wet shoes and socks(he just had to step into a small stream).
What is it with boys and getting as dirty or wet as possible??? If it's a mud puddle, water puddle or small area of water boys WILL find it! I mean I looked over today to see Hunt climbing the huge pile of mulch and fertilizer at the gardens. I mean the stuff even had an odor to it, but none the less he was on top of it playing "king of the mountain". And forget about the 100 signs telling everyone to stay off the flower beds and to stay on the sidewalk...I know I told him so many times I can't even remember the count.
All in all we had a good time, but were ready to head home and get a nap shortly after we had our lunch.


One of the moms brought a strange type of rice/sushi roll today. So I HAD to try it. It was a piece of spam wrapped up in rice and rolled in seaweed similar to a sushi roll. It wasn't bad, just different. I can't remember the name of it though. I'll have to ask her again what it was called.

Let's see... Tuesday was "green" day. And being part Irish I always try to at least wear some green or do something special to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day.
Hunt and I meet good friend Steph for lunch downtown. We took Hunt to Uno's pizza. It was tasty and I knew Hunt wouldn't complain. We did a little catching up and had a good visit.
Hunt and I made some Irish Soda Bread. It didn't turn out too pretty. And after reading the recipe I discovered that I DID NOT follow the directions!!! What a dork I am. I totally forgot to add the salt and I didn't mix it the way the recipe told. Oh well. It was really simple to do.
I had some with butter and it taste fine.


I'm also contemplating on getting my hair cut and colored. Here's what I would LOVE it to look like...

but...you know how that goes. I'm tired of it and want a change. Right now it's to about my bra line and it's just there. Nothing cute, fancy or anything. Just plain B O R I N G !!!

A little over a month to go until we go on vacation. Yippee!!!

That's really about all that's been happening around our neck of the woods.

Catch you all later...

No comments: