Tuesday, September 23, 2008

sea-shells...

Man... I've had a busy day. Hunt was a little stinker today and even Zoe was extra crazy. Was it a full moon or something??? I'm just glad to get to sit a spell and rest for a bit. So I've been thinking about va-ca(11 days by the way) this evening and was wondering...I have a terry cloth swim suit cover up/dress that is a mint green and I want to dye it a mocha color or navy. Anyway, I know there is that Rit dye out on the market...has anyone ever used this dye? Or ever dyed some type of clothing before? I read the Rit web site and got a little info out of that, but was wondering if anyone had actually used it. I'm scared, but really want to give it a try. Just curious... I don't want the dress to turn out a disaster, but would much rather have it in a darker color. Maybe even a black.
Good news...hubs emailed our vacation destination-Port Aranasas to see how the hurricane effected everything down that way. And it seems that pretty much all is a go! There was some beach erosion and board walk repair to be done, but YEA!!!! at least that's one worry off our chests! I bet the beach will be a mess still from all the debris that got washed up. Sometimes the beach has a lot of seaweed and sometimes they keep it clean. Not sure why that is. I hope it's not too bad. One of my favorite things to do at the beach is collecting sea shells and making things from them when I get home. I know it sounds boring, but I like it. Earlier this year a friend and I found a entire sand dollar intact. I've never found a whole one before. You always find broken ones, but never whole ones. I've made a cool mirror with some sea shells I collected and added a few that I purchased to. I'll have to post a pic to show you guys. It actually looks pretty good. I want to make a few pic frames and maybe a large cross. The mirror I did was done on nude wood and a type of grout. It's messy, but fun.
Next year I'm trying to talk hubs into taking us to somewhere different for va-ca. Maybe another beach. I'd like to go to South Carolina or maybe Florida. I think I've heard that either one of them has good beaches. I can't wait until a couple more years when we can go on bigger trips like Disney World! Hunt will be older and can do more. We've talked about the 2 week trip where you go on a cruise and then to Disney World. I think you do a week on the ship and a week at Disney. It's been just before Hunt was born since we went on a big vacation. And several years since we've been on a cruise. I love traveling. I like to experience new things and see new sights. We've been to many places, even traveled practically to the other side of the world. On 3 cruises and numerous trips to the caribbean. The water down there is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! And we've had WAY TOO much fun! I can tell some pretty good stories...let me tell you!!!!! We have toned down a lot since Hunt was born...I guess it's a good thing. Who know what trouble we could have gotten into. And besides...Hunt is a lot of fun to! And being a mommy is SO MUCH more fulfilling!!!!!!

No comments: