Friday, September 26, 2008

my silly little monkey boy...

"are we driving on the sidewalk"?...asked Hunt today as we leave the drive-thru a Grandy's this evening. "No silly...we aren't on the sidewalk" I say. I guess since the drive way and parking lot was narrow it appeared to him that we were on a sidewalk. Kiddos are so funny sometimes. This morning he was standing on his bed and pushed the wall with his index finger and proceeded to lower himself down while bending his knees. Then he said "number 3". I asked him what he was doing and he replied..."going on the elevator"! He's such a cutie! I know...he's mine so I must be partial...true, but he really is a cutie! He hardly ever meets a stranger(which might not be such a good thing). He's always telling people hi and asking their names. He has such an outgoing personality and almost always cheerful and happy. People tell me this all the time. This past May while on vacation, an old woman walked by our table while we were eating dinner and said what a cute and handsome boy your are. Hunt just replied with "I'm a monkey boy to"! The older couple and their friends just laughed. Hunt smiled and laughed. I sometimes call him monkey boy, so I guess that's why he said that. A friend of the family often tells him that he's a nut. It's no wonder he keeps telling me he wants to be a clown for Halloween this year. It fits his attitude perfectly!T

Today we attending the KECPTA Fall Festival. Hunt had a blast! It was at a park in Keller. The group had several activities for the kids to do in addition to the park playground and sandbox. They rented a bounce house, had bubble wands, sidewalk chalk and did tattoos. Of course EVERYONE loved the snow cone! Someone brought a snow cone machine. I myself had to try several flavors! And Hunt loved them to. What a hit it was. The festival was for the group and as a membership drive as well. I think we acquired a couple of new members. Many seemed interested. The turn out from the group was good so it seemed to make others curious as to what was going on. The sign and banner that was out helped to. I took photos so I'll post them when I have them ready.

Let's see...next week's agenda goes something like this...Monday is my normal yoga day, it is also the KECPTA groups' zoo day. So I may just skip yoga so Hunt and I can visit the animals at the zoo. It was spring the last time we went, so a visit is due. Tuesday we normally try to hit the library for story time, but Hunt has a physical therapy appointment at 11:00am and then the wonderful yearly flu shot scheduled at 5:30pm. So that day will be just a bucket load of fun! Wednesday is yoga day for me again, so I need to be sure to go. Thursday is playgroup day. And Friday, well I'll be more than busy getting together our vacation junk. We'll leave for va-ca on Saturday morn. I don't really enjoy the day before we leave for a trip. It's always hectic and I'm SOOOO tired!

Speaking of tired...I'm kinda feeling that way now so I guess I'll close this post and chat later...
ta-ta

No comments: