Saturday, September 10, 2011

a trip into Big "D" !.....

~September 10, 2011~


What a beautiful Saturday it was!

A very good friend of mine invited us to go with her family to the Dallas Farmer's Market.

And of course I said yes!...

Did you know that the Dallas Farmer's Market has been around for 6 decades, that's 70years! WOW! Since 1941! And they are one of the largest public markets of their type in the country!!!


{got our market baskets and Miss Em...ready to go!}

{Hunter and Kaya...ready to go!}

I am so glad that we went! Oh goodness...I had never been and let me tell you how AWESOME it was!!!!



First of all I LOVE farmer's markets.love.them!!!! But this one...oh heavens!!!! It was so great! There were plenty of vendors, some coming from as far as 150 miles! And they offer just about everything under the sun to make your mouth water!

{Mr. Lemley has been coming to DFM for 35 years}



And samples...let me tell you about the samples...everyone was more than willing to offer you a taste of their goods.


Tasting all the samples was divine. You could about fill your bellies up on all they have to offer...heck you COULD make a meal of it! HA! Fruits, veggies, honey, nuts, meats, spices, grains and even plants, flowers and specialty foods...just about everything I'm telling ya'll! Local and not so local.



{organic Texas raised}

And a few shops...


{Hunter and our friend Kaya, pretending like they were asleep}


{cheeeeeese! my beautiful baby girl}

Even some places to eat!...


{smelled delish!}



Of course I took my camera with us and snapped some cute photos! If I only had photoshop! How much more good they would be....






Here's what we came home with...

Sweet corn on the cobb, vidalia onions, zucchini, cucumber, two types of tomatoes and carrots!
I could have bought so so much more! It's hard not to! Just look at all the beautiful colors!...

Such freshness to make your tummy happy! HA!


{My little farmers}



Go check it out sometime. They are open 7 days a week(8am-6pm), 362 days a year!


I can't wait for the spring, and to get our little garden going again! Here's to hoping that another Texas heatwave doesn't happen next year to!


After the market we ran over to In-N-Out Burger.

Our friends had tried it before, but this was our first time. The lines were crazy long, but it went super fast! They were pretty good burgers! I don't think they are close to my favorite, but still good!




What a FUN day!!!

Thanks Vass family for inviting us with ya'll on a little trip into Big D!...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We are so glad ya'll came!!! Love love your blog and all the amazing pics!!