Tuesday, September 6, 2011

~September 6, 2011~

How was everyone's Labor Day?

To celebrate, we decided to take a trip to Fossil Rim.

Daddy took the day off and we thought we should spend the day as a family doing something. The weather was GREAT! And it seems that everyone else had this idea to. It was super busy! But the animals were out and willing to eat the pellets that we bought to feed them!


















Daddy almost freaked out a couple of times at a few white tail deer there. They had some impressive antlers!

We had such a nice time, even with all the waiting in line that we did!


Oh hey... back on August 5th we found two tiny eggs amongst some dried leaves on our porch. The kiddos and I decided to put them in a jar to see if they would, at some point, hatch. So in the jar they went with some leaves and a bit of dirt to lay on. We left the jar on the porch.

Well... today I peered into the jar...

and noticed that the eggs had holes in them with nothing inside!

So after closer inspection, I saw 2 baby gecko lizards!

We have LOTS of them around our house and in fact a friend told me that that was what the eggs were. So April...you were right! Hunt and Em were very excited when I told them about our babies! I brought the jar inside and we opened it up and set it in a clear plastic container.


See... we wanted to observe our sweet babes before we set them free! Hunt was so cute! He kept saying how cute they were and tiny! He wanted to keep them, but I told him that they needed to be outside. After we watched them for a bit I got them back into the jar and we headed outside to release them.
They were a little apprehensive at first, but finally took off into the big world!


Be free and safe lizard babies! Thanks for the lesson on patients and letting go!
{just the other day I was thinking of dumping out the jar(I thought the eggs might be duds...mama isn't always patient. so glad I didn't}

I've been getting things together for Em's 2nd Birthday Party! Her Birthday is on October 5th(a Wednesday), but I plan on having it on the 8th(a Saturday). It's not a for-sure date yet, but I'm pretty sure that's when we will have it. I'll be looking at some venue ideas today. More than likely outside area/park.

I'm going to throw some photos of summer fun and things here and there in up coming blogs. Take a deep breath...we'll make it through it together! HA!...

No comments: