Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~May 17,2010~

{Yep more Vaca recap}
VACATION-Monday April 26th::DAY 2
Monday we didn't have plans to go anywhere, so Hunt, Em, Kelley and I headed down to the beach that morning. Daddy and Ken stayed in the room sleeping. Our condo sits right at the beach, so we never had to walk far to get our feet in the sand!
We bought Hunt a body board so we took it down to the beach as well as our shell bag. I decided not to take my camera...booo! I really didn't want a lot of sand in and on it. I did bring our water camera, but didn't use it the entire time we were there. Truth is I am so spoiled with my Digital Canon camera, that I don't care to use the water one since it's 35mm...unless we are IN the water.
Anyway we found a few shells to keep and I pulled Hunt in the water on his board. It was a nice morning!
After about an hour and a half or so we decided it was getting hot and we were getting tired and hungry...after all lunch time was soon and Em needed a nap.
When we got back to our room the men folk were gone. So I laid down for a while with Em while she fell asleep. Finally Daddy and Ken arrived back and we ordered in pizza from the ONLY pizza spot(that I know of) on the island...Port A Pizzeria. Their pizza's have always been good and everyone who knows Hunt, knows how much he LOVES pizza!!!
Take a look at Miss E!...little toot!
She had been napping for almost 2 hours when I heard her waking up in our bedroom. I peeked around the corner and found her like this...

She was holding up a pillow with her legs and arms! Silly pants!!! Then she was just smiling so big!



I love my little girl!

{bad photo :( }
We hung out around the condo until dinner time. Then we all went to the Port Aransas Brewing Company for dinner.

It's a mini brewery that also offers lunch and dinner. The food was good, but boo for them...I wanted a Lone Star or a Land Shark and they had neither!!! Oh well...I enjoyed an ok tasting margarita instead.
It was a nice relaxing day for us...we all needed that for sure!!!!





So...back to current time...last Wednesday, Thursday, and today was swim lessons(none on Fridays).
Class was good all days, but ended about 15 to 20 minutes before normal ending time on Thursday due to rain and thunder. So every day this week Mrs.Black wants us to arrive 5 minutes early to make up the time. Here are more photos of the lessons...Cab you tell Hunt LOVES the diving board???!!!...
Wednesday's lesson...






Thursday's lesson...






Today's Lesson...









Hunt picked the three tomatos that were red on our tomato plant Thursday. And I tried them since neither he nor hubs likes eating them aside from ketsup, or spaghetti sauce. And they were not so great. I think they were getting too ripe. They weren't horrible, just not great. But here are a few pics of Hunt picking them...








Remember those pickles I made that I was so proud of?! The ones I was sure to be FANTASTIC?! ...WELLL I tried the pickles and they were not so great! In fact they were kinda gross to be honest! The taste was bareable, but the pickles were mushy. So I will be giving them one more try and then on to a new recipe I guess. Maybe I just need to use regular cucumbers and make darn sure the lid/seal is good.
Man...I'm not doing so wonderful with my veggies here latley!

Nothing else exciting to report. Hunt has 1 more day of school left, Wednesday...he just barely made it!!!! Remind me to tell you about that soon...UGH!!! He has his little graduation on Friday. Tomorrow we're going to the Keller Police Department for a tour with our KECPTA group...this should be interesting!!!HA!!! So no story time this week. And Thursday is our KECPTA monthly meting.

I think we'll be heading to the lake house this weekend...yay! We haven't had a trip there this season yet...and poor Em hasn't even been there yet! Not sure when the boat will be going with us...this time or next. It's still at Eagle Marine...needs to be summerized now.

Until next time folks...
(wow that was alot of swimming photos!)

No comments: