Monday, April 5, 2010

suspention of a pre-schooler and some milestones...

~April 8, 2010~

Em's 6th month check up Tuesday went good. She got 3 shots and an oral med. Poor baby cried when she was given them, but stopped right after. Bubba did good to, without tears. As you may recall, last time he was there to see little sister get shots he cried.

Miss Em weighs 18.2 at 81%. And her measurement height was 26 1/2. Which is only 1/2 inch from last visit. The Dr says that she is sure the last measurement was off and that she is still in the 67th% for her age. I didn't mention this before, but finally yesterday Em pooped. Gross I know! But man, she was going on 6 days with no bm! The Dr said that breast feed babes can go 8-10 days sometimes! Anyway, yesterday when she went it was a good one! I won't go into the nasty details, just believe me! EXPLOSION!!!!
After the dr, and stopping for a lemonade slush, we stopped by the park so Hunt could blow off some steam. Em was asleep and resting.

Milestones::
Since Monday was Em's 6 month b-day, we decided to celebrate by trying out some rice cereal and she seemed to like it. It was also the first time for her to sit in the high chair. She did wonderful and loved banging on it!

WHY am I sitting in this thing?!!!

What's that?!!!

You want me to what...try it?!!!

I don't know about this...looks weird!

Ok, I'll give it a shot..

Ummmm...

Hey, I think I like it!

Yes, I think I will have some more. Here let me help you!

Yep, not bad at all!!!
Also to celebrate, I ordered her this set(except with a heart instead of the moon on the spoon)...

And this...

{For when enough hair actually comes in to brush}
I love the stuff that Nova Naturals sells and have my eye on a few other goodies for the future.
Also another small milestone this week...we tried Miss Em in her bathing seat instead of the baby tub that she is outgrowing. It's a seat that you set in your tub to bath your child. First we tried it by herself...

...and the next time with both kids together. She loves it and is getting use to a bit of water in the face...due to a splashing brother. She's cool with it though!



How does one get suspended from Pre-school...Honestly?!!!!
{Ok, I need ANYONES help!}
Well my darling son did. Suspended...for one day, Friday! I'm almost at my wits end on what to do. I don't think that he think about...no, I'm sure that most the time he doesn't think about things before he does them.
We've taken away his Nintendo game(which he normally gets to play on the weekends), offered prizes, spanked twice(I know some out there will not like to read this), taken away movie privileges and even toys. BUT...still nothing totally works.
So Wednesday I was told that he pushed a little boy out of the swing. When we asked him what happened he told us that he pushed him because he wanted to swing...UGHHH!!!! Have you ever heard of a pre-school/pre-k-er getting suspended?!!!What's a mama to do I ask you?!!!

I know Hunt is still in trouble from Wednesday's stunt, but today was Casa Manana performance day. We had already paid for the seats and can not get a refund. I threatened him Wednesday that since he had got in trouble that he was not allowed to do anything "fun". But this morning I decided that I didn't want the seats to go to waste so we went. It was such a GREAT show to! I am glad we went! Hunt and Em both did wonderful! I kept Em busy with toys and mashed up star puffs(yes I know she's a bit young, but I broke them in 3rds and mashed them before sticking them in her mouth)kinda messy those are, kept her a little occupied. She squealed twice, but other than that all was great! After the play we headed to lunch at our usual after Casa eatery, Los Vaqueros. I love their chicken fajitas, but rarely make it over there to eat them. It was yummy!

Since tomorrow is Hunt's school day AND since he's suspended I think I will get us ready in the morning, drive up to school and let him see all his friends going in.
I'll remind him why it is that he is not getting to go and what he needs to do like... make better choices and be kind and hands to himself and stay off the furniture and don't take toys and no hitting, pushing, shoving and...ohhhhhh LORD...!!!
I wonder how he will take it? With him not getting to go and have fun with the rest of them maybe it will sink in...and maybe not...

No comments: