Monday, April 12, 2010

~April 20, 2010~

Let's catch up a bit, shall we...

I'm in the "getting ready for vacation" mode, and have been for a couple of weeks now. We all need to get out of town and do a tad of R&R! We leave on the 24th, this Saturday...YAY!!!

So last Monday, Hunt's first day back from his suspension, went well. He behaved much better I was told. I was hoping that he would...what with all the threatening I did and the stunt I pulled that Friday. But he did hit a friend that swung at him. He didn't get hit, but he did hit the other child...UGHHH! But other than that, he was good. And good the entire rest of the week! I had told him Monday afternoon that if he was good the rest of the week that I would take him for ice cream. And so I did. He really enjoyed it. So I shall try that again this week. Monday he did great, so...

Last Tuesday we went to story time at the library. Afterwards, before we left, we headed out the back to the playground. Hunt found some kids to play with and played for a while, until he hit his mouth on the spring frog thingy. He came running over screaming with his hand on his mouth. Then took them away to display bloody lips and hands. I was thinking, please don't be the teeth! We already had an issue with teeth a couple of years ago when he almost knocked one of the front ones out. Luckily it was just a bit/busted lip. And not a bad one either(phewwww)!

Thursday we attended the performance of Cinderella at Casa Manana. I almost didn't take Hunt because I wasn't sure how good it would be and how Miss Em would behave. But I'm SO glad I did!!! It was one of the best ones I had seen there. And they stayed true to the story again. Which if you had seen any last season, you know that they twisted some around. So far this season they have been good and going by the story lines. Our next, and last one will be Peter Pan on May 6th. We invited Grandma to attend it with us. She enjoys going to plays as much as we do!

Saturday was cousin M and cousin R's birthday parties.
{here are some of the photos I took}

{Em was all ready to go to the party!}

{Em and Grandma}

{Hunt and cousin M}

{He looks like such a big boy with his hair cut}


{trying on Hunt's cap}

{Hunt was hiding from M}

{R woke up in a good smiling mood. She must have known it was her party! She kept wanting to come to me all day }


{M beating the pinata}


{Hunt's turn. They really liked hitting it!}

{The candy!}

{M with his cupcake}

{R with her cake}

{the gifts!}
Since both kids have birthdays in April, they decided to have them together at their home. It was originally planned for the 24th, but that is when we were leaving for vacation, so they generously changed it so Hunt and Em could attend on the 17th. Cousin M was turning 3 and R 1. The theme was Sponge Bob. They were going to have a jump house for the kiddos, but due to the rain it was a no go. It didn't seem like the kids minded much though, they just played inside. We enjoyed burgers and dogs and then there were sponge bob cup cakes and a #1 pink cake. They also had a sponge bob pinata, which the kids loved beating on! He was a tough booger though! It took several and I mean several tries to even begin to bust him open. At first when candy finally fell out everyone just stood there and watched. And then when all the adults said go get the candy, the kids went after it...in kind of a picking and choosing kind of way. They didn't start grabbing like crazy the way we use to years ago...kids these days!!! He was originally a "pull string" pinata, but they decided to use him as a "beating" one.
Hope you had a fun Birthday Cousins!


Em got her beaded Amber necklace in on Monday.

The Amber is said to have anti-inflamitory and pain relieving properties. They have been used for centuries in Europe. I've heard that it helps in teething pain. We don't have any showing up yet, but should very soon.


I made my first batch of ice box pickles last week. Yummy!!! Yay for spring/summer time! I found a few pickles recipes I plan on trying soon.

I'm excited about my hair appointment on Thursday! Boy does it need something done to it! It was just before Em was born the last time I went. Crazy!!! I really need to have it done in a some what regular time frame. I hate waiting so long, but I get busy with my babes and stuff and keep putting it off.

Poor Hunt woke up this morning and came in our bedroom kind of whining. I asked him what was wrong and he said that his head was hurting. So naturally I held him and asked if anything else was hurting or if he felt strange or anything. He said no, but I noticed that he was a little warmer and thought that he might have a small temp. I went and got a thermometer and the Tylenol. He had 99.7 so I gave him a dose of the medicine. He layed down on the pillow and was looking sort of strange. I asked him what was wrong and he sat up and was drooling some and then started crying. I asked again how he felt and only got out of him that his head was hurting. I told Hunt that it was ok to feel sad and it wasn't his fault, but if he needed to throw up that we needed to go to the bathroom. He said no and layed back down. He layed around the house for a while and we watched the first Harry Potter movie. After that he said he felt better and had a lunch of spaghetti o's(which I was thinking might not be such a good idea, but that was what he wanted).
I guess I still worry SO SO SO much about him when his head hurts or he is acting weird. And seeing Em turn the age he was when he had a stroke gets me remembering and thinking about it to...ALOT!!!! I am so thankful beyond belief that he is now healthy and shows very little signs of ever having one! But still I am cautious, a little more I guess than I would have been had he not ever had one. And with the drooling comes the remembering the seizure he had Christmas 2006. Oh our kids...we can be such a mess of nerves and worry because of them! But what we wouldn't do for them huh?!!! I love my babies with all my heart and no matter what lies ahead for us, I just want them to know how much they have filled a place in me that could never have been filled without them!

Daddy is in class this week, so that means he's home at normal hours...yay!
Yay for the help this mama is getting and needing!

If I don't get back on here before we leave for Port A, have a good weekend and great next week!!!! We have an Anniversary(ours 16 years!) to celebrate as well as a Birthday(Kelley)!....

No comments: