Thursday, April 8, 2010

a lesson learned?....

~April 9, 2010~


Alright, so I set the alarm and got up like normal this morning. Hunt got up and after eating a little something I told him to go get dressed and brush his teeth. We both got ready as we normally do on a school day. I combed his hair, he grabbed his school backpack and we were out the door. We drove to school and pulled into the parking lot. We sat there as each class mate entered the building. I would say..."look there's "C". He's going inside to class. Does he get in trouble and have to sit in time-out?" To which Hunt answers..."No he's good". Oh that's "A", she's nice to". Then ..."look there's "A" and "B", are they good and listen?" Hunt answers.."Yes, they are good".
{All the while Hunt doesn't know that this mama is about to drop the bomb and make him SO VERY upset!}
Next I say.."hey there's "J"! I bet he's going to have fun today!" Hunt says..."Yes we will have fun". Then mama says..."there's "R", she's good at school and doesn't get in trouble. All your friends are good and nice and will have fun at school today." Hunt starts taking off his seat buckles.
After everyone is inside I then proceed to go on..."Boy is everyone going to have a fun day. Maybe even go outside to play or watch a movie, they may even have a party!." I turn off the truck engine and take the keys out of the ignition. {I lay it on thick about how much fun they will have today at school} Hunt says..."yes, can we go in now"? I start to open the door and stop!!! I turn around to him and I say..."Oh wait, you can't go...you got suspended and they don't want you to come!"{I know it sounds rude, but maybe it hit a nerve} So then he starts to bawl. Not just a cry, a BAWL! Then Hunt starts to beg and beg..."please mama, please can I go in?! I'm be good. I'll listen, PLEASE!!!" I turn back around put my seat belt back on, tell him to put his buckles back on and start the Tahoe. Still he's bawling to almost a scream and still he begs! All the way home he cries and tells me to turn around. So all the way home I explain again why he can't...you don't listen and mind the teachers, you take toys, you push kids out of swings...etc! "The teachers don't want you to come back if you aren't going to do what they ask and be nice to your friends"! "I'll be good today"... he begs!
Sad to say, but it was kind of funny!
So we get home and he's still SO upset that he can barely talk.
When daddy wakes up I tell him to ask Hunt about school today. So hubs asked Hunt how school was and Hunt says..."well I couldn't go. They put a note up(I never mentioned this, he came up with it all on his own)and locked the doors and I couldn't go". Then hubs goes through just about the same stuff I went through about how he needs to be nice to the other kids and mind the teachers.

SO ...
Who knows if this worked! We shall see come Monday...when he goes back...if they don't call before then and say he is expelled the rest of the year!...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a good idea. Maybe it helped it sink in better. Love ya Kelley