Wednesday, May 20, 2009

vacation catch up-day 3 and other news...

Hey there...

Well the Memorial Holiday is upon us and I know some of us are going out of town or at least get a long weekend. We'll be heading to the lake house and YAY..I'm happy to say that the boat will be heading up with us to. It looks like the summer kick off is here and boat/water time is soon.

I want to thank all the past and present men and women of the US Armed Forces! With my father being a past Vietnam Vet, several family members and friends in and out of the military I am reminded of the bravery and hard work they put into their everyday lives. Thank you for standing up and fighting for our country!

Today was our last monthly KECPTA meeting. At least until next season...around August or so. We had a fun and informative speaker. Her name was Melissa d'Arabian. She gave us some insight on ways to get our kiddos to eat healthy foods and tips for us moms to make some of the everyday staple foods healthier. Some of the information she spoke of I already had heard about and tried. Such as the books The Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious. As you may or may not recall I have blogged about using some of the recipes in both books. It really reminded me to go back to them and start using them more. Melissa also gave the group some tips on grocery shopping and money saving. She will also be emailing KECPTA with some of her all time favorite go to recipes. I'm looking forward to receiving these recipes and giving them a try. I'll let you guys know how they turn out, after all she's a mom to 4 girls under the age of 5 and has tried these time and time again!
Oh and if you are a fan of The Next Food(network) Star, you can see Melissa on there. She was a finalist on that contest and will be featured starting Sunday June 7th at 8c(Sunday nights). And of course she was unable to let us in on who won!

Pregnancy News::
I received a call from my OBGYN and it seems that my Glucose test that was taken last Friday came back abnormal. Of course...anything with me here lately is abnormal. Anyway It should be below 130 and it was 134. So NOW I have to go back on Tuesday the 26th and take the 3 hour test! BROTHER!!!! What a HUGE pain. At least hubs is working 2nd shift that week to cover a co-worker going on vacation and should be able to watch Hunt. I sure hope all of this turns out ok. I'm getting tired of all the Dr visits lately!


VACATION::

Tuesday::April 28::San Antonio Zoo & a Birthday
Today was our day to see what the San Antonio Zoo had to offer. I'm really partial to the Fort Worth so I was a bit skeptical. Hubs and I had been there in the past...over 10 years ago.
Before going to the zoo we had to wish aunt Kelley a Happy Birthday! Hunt made her a homemade card. We gave her a GC for Target, a tea tumbler and a box of flavored teas. She had commented on my tumbler a few times so I thought it might be a great gift to giver her. She seemed to like it all.
Happy Birthday Kelley! Hope you had a good day!



Since we were all a little hungry when we left the hotel we decided to grab a bit to eat before going to the zoo.
I'm not sure if any of you have ever heard of this place, but it was featured on Drive Inns, Diners and Dives. It's called Taco Taco. This super small diner/cafe had some of the best tacos I had ever had! Of course the ones that I make are the BEST!!! Hands down!!! I have been told this and not just by hubs. SO GOOD!!! I want some now just thinking about them!!!...ummmm
Oh let's see where was I...oh yeah, Taco Taco! Yes they have delicious tacos and you CAN NOT beat the prices!!! If you head down San Antonio way you HAVE to go by Taco Taco! You won't regret it! I even bought me a t-shirt from there...quote..."Best Tacos in America!...Taco Taco Cafe, so good they named it twice!
With bellies full we drove to the zoo.
The San Antonio Zoo was established in 1914. I have to say it was very nice and had a few animals that the Fort Worth Zoo didn't have. It also still had an aquarium, which the Fort Worth Zoo did away with several years ago. And a cool under water viewing tank to see hippos! We all saw the usual zoo animals such as bears, elephants, rhinos, zebras, giraffes, tigers, lions and different snakes, lizards and birds. Even a capibara(so cute for a large rodent type of animal).
After walking around for most of the day at the zoo we needed a snack so we found us a big ole sour pickle and Hunt and I shared it. Oh it was some sour goodness!
Zoo photo slide show...

With it being Kelley's birthday we let her choose what she wanted to have for dinner. I kind of nudged her into making the guys find us some sushi. Knowing that they would refuse to eat it, we managed to find a Benihana. There we enjoyed sushi for appetizer and Hibachi for dinner. Kelley got some birthday ice cream and a song from all the staff. Hunt got a sushi sucker.





The day was full with good food, good times and good friends!!!...

Have a Happy, Fun and Safe Holiday!!!...

No comments: