Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Holiday/Weekend & vacation catch up-day 4...

Ewww Weee am I tired today.

After a nice long weekend at the lake house and a yucky OB appointment today, I just need rest.

Today's appointment was for the 3 lovely hour glucose test. Which consists of going into the Dr office at 8:15, drawing blood, drinking a nice lemon lime glucose juice drink(barf), waiting for an hour in the waiting room, drawing more blood, waiting for another hour in the waiting room(which by now has a crying kid about the age of 2-3), drawing more blood, waiting ANOTHER hour and finally drawing MORE blood! I swear I must be low on the red stuff now. And that wonderful juice...oh man I almost lost it today. I had to fast so that meant no drinking or breakfast this morning then drinking that horribly sweet drink. The first hour was the worst by far(next to the crying kid). I was nauseated and wasn't sure I would make it to the last blood draw at 11:28. But I did and here I am. Oh I hope I don't have to do that again! Just not fun!!!

Memorial Day Weekend was really nice. I hope everyone had a nice one to. We spent Friday through Monday at the lake house. Relaxing, doing a little boating and the boys riding their atv's. Hubs took one of his this past weekend and Hunt's has been staying up at the lake. Just one soul brave enough to go swimming(Hunt). A little too cool still for me. We cooked ribs, burgers and dogs out on the grill. And had homemade mac and cheese, a cool strawberry pie, bakes beans, dips and other fattening goodies. We made a trip to 2 fruit stands there and had fresh cantaloupe, tomatoes and cucumber. We saw 3 snakes, one deer, a skunk and more than I care to keep track of spiders. Oh and we DID try the Listerine method of mesquite repelling. We filled a spray bottle with Listerine and sprayed it on our legs and around us. It seemed to do the trick. But...we didn't do it until Saturday night, poor Hunt already had so many bites from Friday his little legs looked horrible. Between the bruises and bites they looks a mess. Daddy and Hunt also tried their hand at fishing this weekend to. Hubs bought Hunt a new fishing pole. Unfortunately, patience is not a good quality of Hunt's. He was more interested in dropping the bait(they used corn) into the water. What do you expect of a four year old right?!
I complied a slide show of some Memorial Day/Weekend photos below...




VACATION::

Our last full day in San Antonio was spent on the River Walk and at the Market.
We rode one of the boats and learned some interesting info about the River Walk and some businesses that border alongside it. Our tour guide reminded me of my Best Friend Stephanie, not as cute of course. They both have long dark hair and sound almost the same. But the weirdest thing was that the guides' name was Stephanie to. Do do do do... do do do do... HAHAHA!
After the River walk we headed to the Market. And thank goodness it was not even close to being busy there. Kelley and I had an eye open for some Mexican/Pueblo dresses. After shopping around we found some. They have SO many and lots of colors and styles. I also purchased a nativity Christmas tree ornament, a Mexican doll, a indies flute for Hunt and a mexican bingo game for Hunt. See some photos below of our goodies!...


Most of the stores at the market had about the same stuff really. I wish I would have remembered to pick up a bottle of vanilla there. I've bought some real Mexican vanilla a long while back in Cancun and needed more. They sold it there in some stores.
For dinner we ate at Mamacita's. I spotted it off the highway the day we came in and remembered it from the Hill Country. We have eaten at the one in the Hill Country a few times and really like it. It has a huge Alamo and a star lite sky. Davy Crockett stands on the top as a mechanical puppet talking about the Alamo and such. Kind of cute for the kiddos to watch. Too bad I couldn't have a margarita, they have some good ones!
Here is a slideshow of the River Walk and two at the end of part of the Market...




Not too long on this one post huh?...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So glad that you got that test over with! I hated it too!!! Fingers are crossed for great test results!
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend and a fun San Antonio trip. Hope you get a little rest soon!