Thursday, May 28, 2009

the past few days/vacation catch up day-4...

Today Hunt and I went out and bought him a new straw cowboy hat. He had one, but it was too little this year to wear. While we were out getting the new hat we went into JoAnn's craft and Hobby Lobby. I was on the look out for something that Hunt could make Daddy and Grandpa for father's day and found something(can't say yet). Hunt can paint it and help glue it and maybe help hammer it a bit(not sure on that though). But it's functional and I hope daddy and grandpa will like it. We also came home with new fabric for a cute monkey blanket and fabric for Hunt's something. He found this material with different trucks and tractors on it and had to have it. Maybe we'll make some pj pants or shorts or something. Not sure.
And I picked up a few more fabric pieces for new baby items. Like bibs or burp cloths.

So all and all our trip out this afternoon was a success!

Yesterday Hunt and I had a pool swimming day at Kelley's house. I took several photos with my regular camera and my water camera. The photos below are from my regular camera and I'll post water camera ones as soon as they get developed(who knows when that will be). Since Hunt is still not the best swimmer I kept him in his life vest most of the time. He did get to take it off to do some swimming and diving. I just wanted to be safe and relax without having to worry and watch him so much. It was a very nice time! Afterwards, because swimming really works up an appetite, we had to drive to Los Vaqueros. Mama was craving their chicken fajitas! Yummy!!! Thanks so much Kelley for having us over for swimming!!! We had a super time!!!








Tomorrow we're meeting the KECPTA group at Rocky Top Ranch for some western fun. Hunt will be riding horses and we'll enjoy a hayride, pic-nic and playing on the playground. And of course we can't wait to see the rest of the animals. Last year we saw a pig, chickens, geese, donkey, sheep and etc. The usual petting zoo/farm animals. I'm sure to have lots of pictures from this trip so keep an eye out for them within the next few posts.


VACATION::
On this, our last day of vacation(April 30)we woke up to heavy winds and power outages. It was pitch black at our hotel this morning at about 2:00am.
We gathered our belongings and packed our bags to leave today. Heading outside to load the Tahoe back up for our long trip home hubs noticed that our Tahoe had been broken in and my GPS and his radar detector had been stolen. Along with his IPOD cord and my cell phone cord. Happy 15 year Anniversary to us!!! Man was I ever POed! It was the perfect opportunity to do it since it was really winding and loud and not lights were on. It appeared that the sorry looser/loosers that did it used a screw driver and pried the door handle open. They must have known what they were doing!
UGHHH!!! It was kind of funny because our insurance is USAA which just happen to be next to our hotel. Hubs called them and went through all the mess you do to file the claim. We only get $250.00 for personal property and have just a $50.00 deductible for repairs. We weren't to happy about the property amount because the GPS itself was at least that much. But at least the deductible for repairs was low.
So we got a rent car, a Nissan Altima. It was a nice little car with more room than I thought at first. Even hubs liked it. And after a week we got the Tahoe back.
Here are a few photos of the damage and a sign that was posted at the hotel. I didn't take it literally at first, but now do! Makes me wonder if this has been a problem at the hotel...hummm!




Our drive home was ok even with the recent issue at hand. I mean what could we do anyway at that point. We were just thankful that a window didn't get busted or that they didn't try to steal the Tahoe and mess up the steering column or something.
I was glad to be home though. The trip was good, but not great.

Good evening to you all...

No comments: