Monday, April 20, 2009

Hunt's going to be a BIG BROTHER!...

Yep, it's true!

Hunt will become a Big Brother sometime in October!


I've had a pretty smooth pregnancy so far, or at least up until my OB visit and sonogram Friday the 17th.

It seems that my blood pressure is too high and I now have to take medication for it. And on top of that I will have to pee in a jug for an entire day the day before my next OB visit which is on Monday May 4th. Oh what joy that will be! Especially since we will be at the lakehouse that Sunday. And...it seems that I have placenta-previa! Which means the placenta is blocking the passage for the baby and if the placenta and baby don't move before it gets close to the due date I will have to have a c-section! I'll save you all the rest of the details about it. They can be pretty scary. Man...I threatened not to come back to the Dr's office because of all the issues this last time. I'm praying that all will turn out just fine.
I'm scheduled for another sonogram on May 15th and the fun "sugar test". Which means I will be in the office no less than an hour that visit.
The good news is that the babe's heart beat was 164 which I was told sounded good. And the sonogram showed that the baby looked good to. Of course it's still small(about the size of a lemon)since I'm only about 14-15 weeks so the sonogram couldn't show too much. I was surprised that you could make out the head, body, spine and possible the face on a few of the sono pics.
Let's see if I can scan the best pic in here. I'm sure it won't come out that terrific. And I'm sure it's only one of many since I have some issues as of right now.

The little babe is in the middle-top of the sono. You can see the head is on the left then the body and part of a leg.
Notice that blob under the baby...that's the placenta. Man I hope everything moves around in there. I'd rather not have that c-section!


Anyway, I thought I better share the news finally now.

So here it is...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations Judy!!! I will be praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy! I love the picture of your little peanut! Oh, and don't be too worried about the c-section. I've had 2 and they aren't bad at all! Take care!