Tuesday, April 14, 2009

busy, busy April...

Ok, let's get started...especially since I started this blog on the 14th and it's now the 20th!!!

We've had a somewhat busy April so far.

This past weekend was nice, even though the weather was a bit yucky at times.
Saturday was cousin Mick's 2nd birthday party. We had a nice time and the children had a ball playing and running outside in the sprinkling rain. Lunch was hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and a caterpillar birthday cake for desert. Mick really liked the wooden fire truck we gave him and a metal dump truck that he got to. Happy 2nd Birthday Mick, We love you!!!
Also Saturday we bought Hunt some new tires(shoes). He got some tennies, black sketcher type and brown sandals. Man...kids shoes are just as high as adults!!!

Sunday we did some things around the home and meet Ken and Kelley for dinner.

Last Friday I had a Dr appointment. More on that later.

Hunt and I attended the Vendor Fair on Thursday the 16th that the KECPTA set up. There were alot of interesting things and even some animals to. We saw a macaw, a spiny lizard, a chinchilla and a hedgehog.

We didn't make it to our Orthotic appointment on the 2nd. Hunt's orthotic didn't make it in. We did however go and finally pick the brace/orthotic up on the 9th. Hunt has been doing just fine with only one brace. I admit I was a little worried about it at first. We had to go pick up Hunt's new insert Thursday to.
Hunt will see his PT on the 23rd. She's had a busy schedule as well.


Last Wednesday Hunt, Kelley and I drove out to a little farm and picked some strawberries. The drive wasn't too far at all and I love to go to "pick your own" farms. There's just something about picking your own produce. I love it! It reminds me of my childhood and the gardens that we had. Hunt enjoyed going to...although I think he enjoyed playing with some of the bugs there more than picking berries. Next month their blackberries and beans will be ready for picking and you can bet we'll be there to pick our share. I washed, patted dry and froze the berries for later use. Kelley and I plan on trying our luck with canning. So strawberry jam will be a tasty treat to try soon. We also want to try pickles, pickled okra, tomato sauces and a few more. I'm excited about this new "adventure" we'll be participating in.

Ready for some pickin'

Hunt picking berries.

And running...

Showing me his strawberry.

Checking out the plants.

Holding a yummy berry.

Taking a rest.

Hunt and Mama.

Lookin for bugs!

Still looking...

Mama this is heavy!

Look at all those berries!
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5325751103038775730" />
Hunt sitting by some garden boxes full of lettuce.

Sign to the farm.

We picked up some fresh radishes to.

Our own little garden is still hanging in there despite a couple of really hard rains. And a small amount of hail. I did manage to cover them up twice when the hail hit. Thank goodness I had enough clay pots that were large enough to cover the little leafy darlings. Hang in there guys...mama loves you!

The KECPTA Easter party was lots of fun.
The kiddos enjoyed some crafts and coloring. During snack/lunch the Easter Bunny showed up! He greeted everyone and posed for pictures with the brave children. Hunt was a champ, but some didn't take to the long eared, hopping guy so well.
After bunny photos we headed outside for the Easter egg hunt, waited for the Easter Bunny to give the OK and they were off. Running and snatching up eggs as fast as they could. Each child got to grab as many eggs as they brought.
Off to the playground they went after the egg hunt. Below are some pictures of that day along with the rest of our Easter photos...slideshow version.

Hunt and I dyed Easter eggs on the 10th and I made strawberry cupcakes on the 11th. Both were taken to Grandma and Papa's house for Easter lunch.
The Easter Bunny made a visit to our little home here in Texas and left our little monkey boy a basket full of goodies. He was thrilled to wake up Easter Sunday and see his basket filled to the rim with sweets and trinket/toys.
Around 10:00am we left for Grandma and Papa's for more Easter celebrating and visiting. Hunt and little cousin played together and got to dig through their baskets that the grandparents made up for them. Then it was time for lunch. We had a variety to choose from and it was all tasty. There was ham, brisket, sausage, hash brown casserole, deviled eggs(courtesy of our egg coloring on the 10th), baked beans, rolls and for desert our cupcakes and strawberry shortcake. It seems there was a strawberry theme going on. Maybe because it's strawberry time of year and we were all ready for the yummy red fruity goodness.
Finally after lunch was gobbled up it was egg hunting time. Because of the rainy weather and muddy-ness outside the boys had to hunt eggs inside. None the less it didn't bother them one bit. Papa took them outside to play in the deer blind/stand while the rest of us hide the eggs around the house. When all the eggs were hide and (strategically...haha) placed in came the boys to get the game underway. This was little cousins first egg hunt, but Hunt's 3rd(he's getting to be a real pro now!). Hunt took off and was filling his basket quickly to the top. Little cousin was slowly getting the hang of it and had a close run for Hunt. With all(or at least we hope all) the eggs were found, the boys sat down in the floor and went through their stash. And what a stash it was. More goodies and such than 5 children needed much less 2.
See above slideshow for photos of the Easter fun...


Hunt's dentist appointment went very well. His teeth looked great! YAY!!! And he did superb! They took X-Rays, cleaned, vitamined and thoroughly inspected each one. The only thing I need to do is floss him...ughhh! I hate to floss myself except when I have a food particle stuck or something. Of course he was an angel when they were doing it, but at home...hahaha! We'll have to work on it.

I finally got around to taking Hunt to see the Easter Bunny and get our yearly Easter photo done. We had had things going on and had not had a chance until the 7th. We'll see how the scanned photo comes through...

The Casa Manana play was cute and funny. Hunt sat and watched it without trouble and enjoyed it. I thought it was kind of silly, but all the kids seem to like it, not just my crazy child.


Our Canton trip on the 4th was SUPER!!! I came back with a few goodies. Take a look...what do you think?????

One wooden cross I will be grouting shells on and the other two wooden and metal will be painted and stacked on each other. Like a three layer cross. And I've been wanting some colorful huge, chunky and gaudy looking beaded necklaces for a while. One is just beads and the other has beads and a placket that says "Mom's Rock" on one side and "My Kids Rock" on the other.
Also that beautiful baby quilt underneath. I also bought Hunt's friend Rebecca a oilcloth bag and had her name embroidered on it. Oh and a oilcloth mat to go under Hunt's easel.

See how cute they are worn together!!!

Oh and I'm excited to finally have a hair appointment on the 22nd. I just hope it turns out good. I'm crossing my fingers(and toes)that it will turn out how I imagine it. I'll try to get a photo of my current, un-styled, hair before the day and then an after picture...only if it looks ok. I know, silly, but I'm strange like that.

Here is a photo of the little puppets Hunt and I made for Rebecca's birthday to go with her bag and scrapbook. And the Birthday card hunt made for her.




And just 5 short days until we leave for vacation! Yee Haww!...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Where is that farm?? It looks like fun!
I am with you on the flossing. We got the same speech at the kids dentist. It's a work in progress...lol