Sunday, January 6, 2013

what again...no photos...


~January 6th 2013~

Well poop!  Either I'm at my photo limit...AGAIN...or something is amuck! Geez!  I hate this! Blogger is not letting me upload photos from my computer! UGHHH!!!!!

It ticks me off to no end...it really does!

So anyway...{breathe}....

This past Saturday Hunt had a cub scout event at Sid Richards ranch called Cub-O.  The boys learned...somewhat...how to use a compass and how to read a topographical map.  Then they had a contest/race to see who could find the most flags in a 2 hour time limit.  Let me tell you...this chunky girl was a bookin it! We were walking{a FAST pace}, climbing hills, going down hills and summits.  Some of the guys and boys were even running.  Not me though...I know when too much is too much for me! I wasn't trying to have a heart attack.  And the terrain was rocks and cactus...everywhere!!!!
Each flag had a different punch.  When you got to the flag you punched your map on that flag number and headed for the next one. 42 flags in all. There were a few accidents.  Some thorns in shoes. A fall on a knee going down hill and a few other mis-haps, but the boys did great!  Little troopers they were! 
We ended up with around 205 points.  We decided, before we got our map, that we would head for the flags that were worth the most points first.  Meaning that these were the ones further out and up on hills and down in ravines. The one I got Hunt a photo of punching was the one on this big summit/hill.  Glad we did it.  It was way up there, but you could see for a ways. 
When everyone made it back we had exactly 1 minute and 1 second left!!!! WOW...almost missed the time, but we didn't! We'll find out soon who the winners were I hope. 
Some of the boys and dads camped out there...us...uh NO!  Something about sleeping in a tent when the temps drop to below freezing just doesn't sound like fun to me! We drove in on Saturday morning and just attended the day's events. Still a fun time for the kids!

Hopefully I can get some photos uploaded soon!...Hopefully!!!{cross ya'll's fingers for me}.....

Catch ya'll on the flip side........


No comments: